Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Trip to Kurobe Gorge 2018/10/10 14:29
I am going to go to Kurobe Gorge at mid November. But i have some question about the train.
1. I read some information said there are 2 choice journey: 20 minutes and 80 minutes. I dont know it is true or not?
2. There are 2 station between departure Unazuki station and arrival Keyakidaira station. Could the train stop for while to tourists can take photo or the train will go consecutively without stoppong?

Anyone help me T.T
Many thanks!!1
by hoa la canh  

Re: Trip to Kurobe Gorge 2018/10/10 19:10
1) I donft know about a 20 min option. I donft remember exactly how long the ride from unazuki to the end of the gorge took, but definitely more than 20 min. And I canft see how there could be an express option

2) the train just makes a brief stop at the intermediate stops. You cannot get off and take pictures. But you could obviously continue your ride on the next train. But you need seat reservation for the train. Specially the more busy hours. (Eg I took the train from Kuronagi in the morning OUT of the gorge and no reservation was needed. But getting into the gorge on day 1 and out until Kuronagi a reservation was required). This may depend on the day of the week , weather etc.

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Trip to Kurobe Gorge 2018/10/11 00:11
Oh. Thank you so much.
by hoa la canh rate this post as useful

Re: Trip to Kurobe Gorge 2018/10/11 06:20
The first stop is about 20 minutes in. Maybe someone suggested that as an option to only go that far.

And it is a train. It stops only for a short while to do passenger and freight loading. So if you wanna walk around and explore each location, then you need to do some forward planning and organize your reserved tickets as such.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Trip to Kurobe Gorge 2018/10/11 08:33
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Trip to Kurobe Gorge 2018/10/11 12:53
thanks hakata14 alot.
by hoa la canh rate this post as useful

reply to this thread