Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Visiting Japan several times a year 2018/10/17 05:18
Hello everyone,

I am a French citizen living in the UK and I have a question regarding the visa exemption to visit Japan as a tourist. I went to Japan last year, and I was thinking about taking a break and spending some time in Asia. During this time, I would love to spend time in Japan again. I know I can enter Japan without a visa for 90 days thanks to my French passport. My question is, after these 90 days, and if I spend time in another country or several countries- also 90 days for example, or maybe even more - is it possible for me to come back to Japan for another 90 days without a visa?

I hope my question makes sense.

Thank you for your help!
by drf  

Re: Visiting Japan several times a year 2018/10/17 08:59
yes done that so often before
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Visiting Japan several times a year 2018/10/17 15:26
The limit per visit is 90 days, but no limit to the number of visits you can make in a year. You could come 10, 20 or 50 times if you wanted - it is allowed under the visa waiver programme (but commuting to another country can get a bit tedious).
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Visiting Japan several times a year 2018/10/17 18:20
That seems to perfectly answer my question, thank you very much for your help!

The plan isn't clear yet, but I think I would like to take this opportunity to spend a little bit more time to visit Japan than during my last visit - 3 weeks in 2017. I would also like to spend a few months visiting other countries during this period, and then I could go back to another region of Japan because there are so many things I would like to see. According to your answers, it seems like it is perfectly doable from an "administrative" point of view. Thank you once again!
by drf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread