Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR Pass? 7 or 14 day? 2018/10/18 04:42
HI! I am traveling with my boyfriend to Japan for the first time in a few weeks (November 2-17). We plans to do Tokyo (Haneda airport) > Hakone > Osaka > Kyoto > ((another spot)) >> back to tokyo.

Would the 14 JR Pass be worth the price? We want more flexibility to take day trips // explore.

Any tips would be GREATLY appreciated. THANK YOU!
by PatriciaMUSA  

Re: JR Pass? 7 or 14 day? 2018/10/18 15:10
14 day pass wont pay off .

7 day pass unlikely to pay of also unless that "another location" is quite some distance from Kyoto.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR Pass? 7 or 14 day? 2018/10/18 15:56
Would the 14 JR Pass be worth the price? We want more flexibility to take day trips // explore.

It depends on where you want to visit as "day trips". Since it will be a little bit too early for autumn foliage in Tokyo or Kyoto, you may want to visit somewhat cooler places such as Niigata, Nagano, Kanazawa or Sendai. These cities are on Shinkansen route and you can go as day trips. In general it will cost around 10000 yen one way so if you will do 2 day trips, the 14 day Japan rail pass will pay off.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: JR Pass? 7 or 14 day? 2018/10/24 06:18
Depending if you intend to visit the whole country or just half. If it's along Kyushu, then a 14 days Japan Rail Pass would make more sense. If it's just about the southern part, I'd go for the 7 days. I happen to buy a pass just a few days ago https://goo.gl/GPF2LP which I think I am going to use it as most economic way of transport.
by Traveller (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread