Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Car pick up from Kyoto or Nagoya? 2018/10/18 16:34
I will be renting a car to explore the outskirts after touring Kyoto.

Is it better to pick up the car from Kyoto or take train to Nagoya and pick up the car from Nagoya?

I'm thinking the traffic will be easier at Nagoya, but wonder if it's worth the time and price of train tics to do that.

I will not be touring Nagoya by the way.

Thanks!
by Xavier C (guest)  

Re: Car pick up from Kyoto or Nagoya? 2018/10/18 17:50
It would be based on where you are touring. Which you didnt mention.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Car pick up from Kyoto or Nagoya? 2018/10/19 00:50
There are many other car rental outlets in between Kyoto and Nagoya. Depending on where you want to go. I normally rent through Toyoto Rent but there is also EkiCar and many others. It really depends on where you want to go. In general terms, if you want to go somewhere outside of the major cities it might be advisable to get first by train a bit outside, e.g. you could rent a car in Otsu. Or Maibara. You will not have big town traffic to go through.

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Car pick up from Kyoto or Nagoya? 2018/10/20 08:22
Hi hi
I will be staying at Kyoto for the first few nights. Then Ifll go to kiso Fukushima for a few nights followed by the nakasendo trail (tsumago/ Magome). Then to Osaka.
Can someone recommend me what are my options to start/end the car rental?
by Xavier C (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Car pick up from Kyoto or Nagoya? 2018/10/20 10:09
Yes well with those locations you are aiming for. Nagoya would make sense. Just google car rentals and pick one with public transport access and is in north east corner of Nagoya.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread