Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

2 days need advice, is it feasible 2018/10/19 20:16
I have these two days, and have planned out where to go, just want to know if I have enough time.

I will leave for umeda station about 6am, and will try to visit in the order listed below.

Minoo Park
NIFREL
Natural Hot Spring Naniwa no Yu
Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan

I will be staying near Gion-Shijo station, leave the hotel around 6 am

Bamboo Grove
Tenryuji Temple
Arashiyama Monkey Park
Kyoto Aquarium

by kms899  

Re: 2 days need advice, is it feasible 2018/10/20 07:50
First day is unrealistic.

Second day would be fine.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 2 days need advice, is it feasible 2018/10/20 15:53
I would finish the day in naniwa no yu. They are open until late, you can relax and have a late dinner.
If you manage to do everything else that day I donft really know. Minoo Park and aquarium should be ok though.
Enjoy your trip to Osaka!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 2 days need advice, is it feasible 2018/10/20 20:37
Thanks for the reply, if that is the case, I will probably arrange Osaka Aquarium on another day since it's easy to reach and near the city, there will be less chance of me going up to Natural Hot Spring Naniwa no Yu directions, but whiles coming from Nifrel, I might as will go to the spa, since it's on my way back to the city.

So it will be:

Minoo Park
NIFREL
Natural Hot Spring Naniwa no Yu
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: 2 days need advice, is it feasible 2018/10/20 22:36
Can I ask why you are set on naniwa no yu? There seems to be another probably very similar onsen really close to nifrel:

GENKIONSEN BANPAKU OYUBA
11-‚P‚P Senribanpakukōen, Suita-shi, Ōsaka-fu 565-0826, Japan
+81 6-6816-2600
https://goo.gl/maps/1mfH3cLcai62

I havenft been there. But I have been to naniwa no yu several times when on business trip in Osaka. I like it but itfs your typical super sento. Like on the 5th floor of a pachinko and parking lot. Nothing special. I am not saying that the oyuba is special (never been there) but itfs really close to where you are anyway.

Just suggesting.

Enjoy your soak!

Re: 2 days need advice, is it feasible 2018/10/20 22:43
Thanks, I'm not really set on Natural Hot Spring Naniwa no Yu, it's one of the most decent one I can find not too fare from the city, I try to visit a Onsen even time I visit Japan, GENKIONSEN BANPAKU OYUBA seem alright, I will look into it, and I might consider it, I never knew there was one near Nifrel.

Re: 2 days need advice, is it feasible 2018/10/20 22:59
Do you know if that is a mixed Onsen, or do you wear clother and shorts, I can't seem to find information on that.

thanks

Re: 2 days need advice, is it feasible 2018/10/21 03:41
By all means it should be separated and no cloths. Not really sure if there are onsen with cloths in Japan at all. I guess one on Enoshima. Never went though because of the swimming suit policy.

I can see on the lower part of this page that a few of the saunas are either male only or female only.
http://oyuba.com/banpaku/?page_id=6#no=0

Naniwa no yu I know is gender separate and naked. Just your normal super sento.

I went to a few other super sentos in Osaka as well if youfd like to check out my opinion about them, have a look: http://bicycletraveljapan.blogspot.com/search/label/Onsen+Practicaliti...

I havenft yet found one that I prefer over the others. But a taxi driver once told me about Suishun: http://suisyun.jp/tsurumi/

He didnft like the naniwa no yu because it gets quite crowded. And thatfs true. At least on the female part I can attest to it. Not terribly crowded but quite busy.

I havenft been yet to Suishun as it seems to be hard to reach with public transport. Will maybe try in February when I am back in Osaka.

And well I did not like spa world. Itfs curious but not my idea of an onsen. But still happy I went. I think rkold suggested it.

Re: 2 days need advice, is it feasible 2018/10/21 04:12
Thanks, I heard about the spa world, it's more of a water park, I prefer a onsen with more of the traditional look, I went through Genkionsen Banpaku Oyuba site, only the steam room says if it's male or female, but doesn't mention about the proper onsen like the outdoor pool. On the other hand, there could be the same section for both male and female, many of Onsen or bathhouse have them, or switch monthly or by the hours.

I have been to Enoshima twice, whiles the indoor bath is separated female and male, the main pool and outdoor pool, you have to wear swim suit. regardless of that, the night view is very nice, especially the view across the ocean.

Re: 2 days need advice, is it feasible 2018/10/21 05:44
Hi.
About your first day I can't help you much because I never went to some of the locations, but Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan is one of the best is Japan and is quite big. I'm sure you'll spend some time in there without rushing things. So you need to check if it is doable to do every spot you mentioned, since Minoo is north of Osaka and the Aquarium is south, quite a distance there between the two. It's doable to do one in the morning and the other in the afternoon, but I'm not sure how can you fit the other two locations onto the itinerary for day 1. I hope everything works out for you! Good luck!

About day 2. I see no problem at all, but Arashiyama is not a small location and there is much more to see and do. The spots you mentioned are great and are the famous ones, but since you're going there why not explore more? Since you're going to the Monkey Park, you should cross Togetsukyo Bridge, very beautiful location and pretty famous as well. Then you could go north of Tenryuji Temple and see the temples on your way (Gioji, Nisonin, Jojakkoji) and arrive at Saga-Toriimoto street (traditional preserved street). You could end your trip with Adashino Nenbutsuji Temple.
After your trip to Arashiyama you could go to the Aquarium, but be careful because the Aquarium closes at 18:00 (you need to arrive a little before 17:00 because that's when admission closes).

Enjoy your trip!!!
by catiasmteixeira rate this post as useful

Re: 2 days need advice, is it feasible 2018/10/21 06:01
BTW you can fit in an onsen in Arashiyama as well. I think there are two. I only went to Fufunoyu https://www.hotespa.net/spa/fufu/. It is small but has a rotenburo , two saunas and I think two inside pools. When I went (weekend early evening in September it was not busy at all ). Itfs very close to Hankyu Arashiyama station. I guess you are staying in Osaka, so very conveniently located. It doesnft have a restaurant though.

Gender separated and naked.

I personally like cycling and I already knew the main attractions of Arashiyama. It is quite overloaded now with tourists. If you can hire a bicycle you can move a bit more. There are nice temples/shrines just slightly farer away that donft get that many tourists. Itfs not really cycling just a way to transport you just a little further away from the crowds.

Re: 2 days need advice, is it feasible 2018/10/21 20:15
@catiasmteixeira

Thank you for the information, for the first day, I just worked out a path to get to each location, and a estimate the travel time and time I will be at each locations, as well as easy to get to each location without too many transfer, so I can't be sure if it's doable, that's why I posted here, members here are more knowledgeable in working the times out.

Aquarium is a must for me, you can say it's, a interest of mine.

It has been decided I will follow this route.

Minoo Park
NIFREL
Genkionsen Banpaku Oyuba
Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan

As for the other day, the list are the main places I will visit, I'm sure I will have plenty of time, i'll just go where my legs will take me.

Bamboo Grove
Tenryuji Temple
Arashiyama Monkey Park
Kyoto Aquarium

@LikeBike

Thank you for the suggest, I think I like Genkionsen Banpaku Oyuba very much, there are another day I will visit Arima Onsen, at least I visit two places for Onsen, you can visit them all. In Arashiyama I think I will just walk, just want to keep a slow pace and look around, I will be renting a bicycle in Amanohashidate a few days after.

reply to this thread