Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ordering hot food after cold at a Konbini 2018/10/27 14:36
I go to the konbini for lunch a lot. I often pick up a drink and a few cold things before ordering behind the counter things. The problem is there’s no “non-awkward” way to do this currently. When they’ve scanned through all my stuff and then as usual always say the price, then say what I want. But I feel this is a little rude. I feel there must be some way I can warn them I also want hot food too. Really what I want is an appropriate phrase for:

“Oh, I also want...” or even just an “Also...”
by Jay (guest)  

Re: Ordering hot food after cold at a Konbini 2018/10/27 18:18
Order you hot food before you give them your cold foodstuff to scan. Simple.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ordering hot food after cold at a Konbini 2018/10/27 19:08
You could say:
- Kore (as you set down your cold items on the counter) to, XXXX mo onegai shimasu.
(I would like to buy this (the stuff you place on the counter) and XXXX too, please.)
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ordering hot food after cold at a Konbini 2018/10/27 21:04
Just before then scan the last item I say, あと肉まん, or whatever it is I want. I do this out of habit, I doubt I would be causing any huge inconvenience by waiting for them to finish scanning first.
by LIZ (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread