Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone Free Pass for Lake Kawaguchi? 2018/10/29 20:10
Hello,

We are planning to view mt. Fuji on November 26th. Our main destinations are Lake Kawaguchi and Gotemba (shopping area). I can't decide whether i need to buy Hakone Free Pass or not, since Hakone Free Pass only covers transportations around Hakone, means i need to pay more to reach Kawaguchiko Station, right?

We only have one day to explore, so i'm not sure we can use all facilities that Hakone Free Pass provides too. So, would it still be worth it if we purchase Hakone Free Pass? Or should we buy regular tickets?
Hakone Free Pass costs 5140 Yen. One way Bus from Shinjuku Station to Kawaguchiko Station is around 1800 Yen.

Also, i notice there is an additional for Romance Car if we purchase Hakone Free Pass. What is Romance Car and where does it go? Can we go to Kawaguchiko Station with Romance Car?
The additional price for Romance Car would be 1090 Yen. So if i buy Hakone Free Pass + Romance Car, it would be 6230 Yen in total.

I'm trying my very best to understand transportation in Japan since we will bring elders with us :) Thank you very much.
by mimamumemo  

Re: Hakone Free Pass for Lake Kawaguchi? 2018/10/30 11:30
The romance car goes no where near Mt Fuji.

Also the Hakone FRee pass cannot be used in the Fujisan Fuji Five LAkes area eg Kawaguichiko.

You need the Fuji Hakone pass. This covers both areas.

But since the Kawaguchiko area is an all day affair, I would omit Gotemba as 1, you need a lot of extra time to get to it as it is not near Kawaguchiko, and 2, it will cost a lot in extra travels costs.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread