Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

7 Days in Hokkaido 2018/11/1 12:32
we are planning to explore hokkaido in summer on our transit stop at Narita airport before heading back to US. We have 2 kids age 5 and 11 .This is our plan and i hope can get more advise on my plan itinenary so that we dont miss out nice scenery attraction on summer.

Arrive Narita Airport around 3.15pm 7th August 2019 - planning stay one night near airport to catch tomorrow early morning domestic flight to Sapporo chitose OR direct connect to Sapporo after arrive .

Day 1. 8th August - take domestic flight - reach sapporo around 10am .Planning to explore Sapporo city
- Check in hotel - curb market /Odari Park/Nijo Market/Mount Moiwa

Day 2. 9th August - Drive Asahikawa - Zoo
Day 3. 10th August - Sun flower / Biei/Blue Pond/Furano
Day 4 11th August - Furano drive to Niseko
Day 5 12th August - Niseko to Otaru
Day 6 13th August - Otaru To Sapporo
Day 7 14th August - Flight back to Narita ( 5pm flight from narita)

kindly advise this route work or not .if work i will explore in more details

Thanks

by Krisdadio  

Re: 7 Days in Hokkaido 2018/11/2 10:55
If you are after the sunflower fields in Himawari no Sato combining it with Biei and Furano in just one day is too rush. We drove around the region for 3 full days and barely covered all the major flower sites. Also in average year the first week of August is best for full bloom of sunflower, so ideally go there as soon as possible upon arrival.

Unless you have specific sites you want to go in Niseko consider skipping it and go for an overnight stay in Noboribetsu or Toyako instead. Noboribetsu is a popular onsen destination in Hokkaido whereas Toyako has the bonus of evening firework.

by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: 7 Days in Hokkaido 2018/11/2 11:54
Thanks Willian for the valuable advise.I have make some chances .Kindly advise

Day 1. 8th August - Arrive Chitose Airport around 10am
Collect Car and direct drive to Otaru and explore and drive to Lake Toya
Stay at Lake Toya

Day 2. 9th August - Explore Lake Toya and heading to Furano ( Stay in Furano)

Day 3 10th August - Explore sun flower ( Hokurgun)/Furano/Biei/Blue Pond/Shirahge Falls ( Stay in Biei)
-
Day 4 11th August - Explore farm and heading to asahikawaha ( Stay at Asahokawa)
Day 5 12th August - Explore Asahikawa /zoo - heading back to sapporo ( Stay in sapporo)

** izzit long journey drive)
Day 6 13 th August - Explore Sapporo Stay in sapporu
day 7 14th August - our flight to Narira is 5.10pm

any advise ?
by Krisdadio rate this post as useful

Re: 7 Days in Hokkaido 2018/11/2 12:17
As I said on my first response try to go for sunflowers as early as possible for a better chance of seeing full bloom. A couple of days may make a difference, so ideally go up to Hokuryu and Asahikawa first upon arrival before working yourself south via Biei, Furano, Otaru, Toyako and then back to Sapporo.

Re: 7 Days in Hokkaido 2018/11/2 12:20
y 1. 8th August - Arrive Chitose Airport around 10am
Collect Car and direct drive to Otaru and explore and drive to Lake Toya
Stay at Lake Toya

Day 2. 9th August - Explore Lake Toya / Noboribetsu ( Stay at Noboritbetsu)

Day 3 10th August - Early Morning heading to Furano Explore sun flower ( Hokurgun)/Furano/Biei/Blue Pond/Shirahge Falls ( Stay in Biei)
-
Day 4 11th August - Explore farm and heading to asahikawaha ( Stay at Asahikawa)
Day 5 12th August - Explore Asahikawa /zoo - heading back to sapporo ( Stay in sapporo)

** izzit long journey drive)
Day 6 13 th August - Explore Sapporo Stay in sapporu

Note : Thinking want

Re: 7 Days in Hokkaido 2018/11/2 12:30
i have change the new itinenary from your advise .

Day 1. 8th August - Arrive Chitose Airport around 10am
- Explore Sapporo ( Stay in sapporo)
-

Day 2. 9th August - Early Morning heading to Furano Explore sun flower ( Hokurgun)/Furano/Biei/Blue Pond/Shirahge Falls ( Stay in Biei

Explore Lake Toya / Noboribetsu ( Stay at Noboritbetsu)

Day 3 10th August - Explore farm and heading to asahikawaha ( Stay at Asahikawa)

Day 4 11th August - Explore Asahikawa /zoo - heading back to Otaru( Stay in Otaru)

Day 5 12th August - Otaru/Lake Toya - back sapporo

Day 6 13 th August - Sapporo

Re: 7 Days in Hokkaido 2018/11/2 13:52
A bit puzzled seeing gExplore Lake Toya/Noboribetsu (Stay at Noboribetsu)h being placed between day 2 and day 3 on the latest plan!

Is it just a typo error!?

Re: 7 Days in Hokkaido 2018/11/3 00:18
I have just revise my itinenary as below . Hope you can advise me. We decided to skip up Asahikawa

Day 1 * Arrive Chitose Airport around 10am
* check in hotel - Ramen Alley for lunch
* curb Market / odari Park/ Nijo Market
* night time -Susikino
<< stay in Sapporo>>

Collect car
Day 2 * Depart 7am heading to Furano
* Farm Tomita/Blue Pond/Shirahge Falls
* cheese factory
* Ningle Terrance
<<<< stay in Furano>>>>

Day 3 * heading to Otaru
* hokurgu sunflower Farm
* Shikisai no Oka
* shiroi Koibito Park (Chocolate Factory)
* Otaru
<< stay in Otaru>>

Day 4. * Heading to lake Tōya
* sakamachi Street / Otaru Canal
* fire work 8.45pm start

<<< stay in lake Tōya >>

Day 5. * sobetsu Fruit Farm
* Hell Valley / Noboribetsu
* heading back to Sapporo
Return car
<<< stay in Sapporo >>>

Day 6 - Kitahiroshima Mitsui Outlet
* Mount Moiwa/ Sapporo Station
* shopping
<< stay in Sapporo >>
Day 7 our flight to Narita is 5.10pm

Re: 7 Days in Hokkaido 2018/11/3 03:39
Overall the latest plan looks fine. To save a bit of driving back and forth consider going to Hokuryu first and then Biei, Shikisai no Oka, Aoiike Blue Pond and Shirahge Falls. The other destinations in Furano can then follow after which you can continue down south to Otaru.

If you are touring Sapporo on day 1 there is no need to drive due to traffic and parking issue. Sapporo has an excellent subway system. If you are picking up the rental car on day 2 unless you have found a rental outlet that has early operation hours you may not be able to start driving at 7.00 as most wonft open till 8.00.

Re: 7 Days in Hokkaido 2018/11/4 06:25
Noted . Then will be visit the sunflower farm on day 2. We decided to collect the car on Day 1 and park the car in the hotel parking so that we can depart early on next day . Any recommendation car rental company with reasonable price or all is standard ?.
May I know possible to store Luggage in the airport when we reach Chitose Airport so that we donft need to carry all the luggage through the whole journey before we fly back to San Francisco . We worry all the luggage canft fit into the car . Before that we been holiday back home in Kuala Lumpur before transit in Tokyo back to US .

Re: 7 Days in Hokkaido 2018/11/4 09:15
Although their rental rate is sometimes slightly higher we mostly use Toyota rent-a-car as their service is always reliable and their GPS is more update. In Hokkaido we used the following rental agency once and everything was fine except we had to pay in advance rather than upon arrival.
http://shiretoko-t.com/en/

Itfs your call but if you are not using the car on day 1 you can save 1 day rental fee + the overnight parking fee by picking it up the following day although it would mean leaving town a bit later.

Left luggage service is available in New Chitose Airport, but not sure if there is any restriction as to how long you can leave your luggage there.
http://www.new-chitose-airport.jp/en/service/baggage/baggage_checkroom...

reply to this thread