Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Itinerary advice 2018/11/3 08:46
Hi

My husband and I are planning to visit Japan from 18th April to 6th May. This will be our first time in there. I know we are late for Sakura season in South but is it possible to see Sakura around Mt.Fuji.
If possible, We would like to cover these all areas during our stay in Japan.
Japanese Alps(Matsumoto, Tateyama Krubo Alpine Route, Kanazawa, Shirakawa go, Takayama).
Tohoku/Sendai( which one is better) for Cherry blossoms? And where to base ourselves?
Kyoto with day trips to Nara, Miyajima, Kawachi Fuji garden
Tokyo( day trips to Hitachi Seaside Park, Hitsujiyama Park, Ashikaga).
I was hoping for 6 days in Kyoto with 5 days in Tokyo.
Right now I am not sure how many days to allocate to other places and in which order we should visit them. So that we don’t waste much time running around and it can be economical too. Is Japan Rail pass recommended here?
Any suggestions welcome please.
Thanks in advance.
Kind Regards
by Amytravels  

Re: Help with Itinerary please 2018/11/3 18:10
Can anyone guide please. Thanks.
by Amytravels rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary advice 2018/11/7 10:53
4/27〜5/6:Golden Week in Japan 2019.
Golden Week: Japanese workers get about a week off around the end of April and beginning of May.
Because Golden Week comes at a very pleasant time of the year, many people want to travel.
Everywhere it gets crowded very much.
It is highly possible that you can not take a train seat.

So, your plan will be very hard.
I recommend you either to shift the timing or to reduce places.
by TOWNDEN rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary advice 2018/11/7 16:10
I disagree with the PP about the crowdedness in golden week. Yes, many Japanese have holidays and travel but it is far from being crowded everywhere. If you can avoid taking a long distance train on the first / last day, and can avoid going to major family attractions such as Disney you should be fine. I always travelled in GW as that’s when I get vacation and never had any crowd experience.

For your itinerary try to plot it down and then ask for advise. One possible sequence would be Tokyo - Matsumoto -tateyama Kurobe alpine route - Kanazawa- Shirakawa- Takayama - Kyoto (or vice versa).

When you say Sendai or Tohoku what do you mean? Sendai is in Tohoku... it also depends on what you want to do/ see. Nature? Hiking? Onsen? Temples? Castles? Tohoku is a large and less visited part of Japan. You will find a lot of information on this webpage about it. Or in your guidebook. Have a look and get inspired.

Enjoy planning your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread