Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Staying in Japan after school 2018/11/8 09:55
Hello everyone !

Ifm currently studying in a Japanese language school. My school classes started in January 2018 and will end on December 14th, 2018. However, on my residence card the period of stay is until March 2019.

I would like to know, regarding the newest rules, if i will get troubles if I stay until March 2019 even if my school ends in December 2018 ?

I wonft work illegally or something like that just want to enjoy japan a few moments more, practice Japanese speaking, spend quality time with my friends...

On other threads I read different things : immigration wants you to live as soon as possible : do I have to book a plane ticket for December 15 th ? On another thread it says that school and immigration give up to a 2 week period to leave the japanese territory.
I donft want to do anything illegal as my dream would be to work in Japan in The future so I donft want to rock the boat.

Thank you very much for your help !
by Benz78 (guest)  

Re: Staying in Japan after school 2018/11/8 15:17
if you apply the visa for one year, they will give you one year plus 3 months.
you have 3 months to close your circumstance in Japan. you can use it for travelling, but you can't work, even though you have a part-time work permission (28 hrs / week).
in principle, when you leave the school, you can't continue to working.
(if you come one month early before the school starts, the rest term after you finish the school will become 2 months.)
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread