Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Visa extension 2018/11/8 19:26
Is it possible to get 3 year visa after Ist year of marriage in Japan
by Mr (guest)  

Re: Visa extension 2018/11/9 11:30
Yes it is possible
If you will get is another question, which will only be decided by immigration.
There is nothing else you can do than just wait and hoping.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Visa extension 2018/11/9 13:42
No. If you directly enter on marriage visa, you will get 1 year visa for first time.
I was on engineer visa for 7 years but when I changed to spouse visa, I got 3 years spouse visa for first time. When I changed to spouse visa from engineer visa, I had already 3 years engineer visa.
if you want 3 years spouse visa for first time, you must have 3 years visa of any other non-spouse visa.
Now immigration is giving 1+1+1+1+1+3 patterns, I saw lots of couple with this pattern. I heard that very soon it will change to 1+1+1+1+1+ 1+1+1+1+1+3 patterns. Because many people divorce and their kids suffer. Immigration will check how stable you are with your spouse and then offer 3 years visa and then you can apply PR.
by Chan40 rate this post as useful

Re: Visa extension 2018/11/9 13:48
@Chan40

Wrong information

I got 3 years when I move to Japan for the first time after marriage also around one year.
Immigration is checking on individual applications.

That you or other many experience 1 year does not mean it is not possible to get 3 years.
I know people who got 1 year or who got 3 year visa.

Re: Visa extension 2018/11/9 13:54
I am taking about first time. OK. You might have done it more long ago. Now a days, its only 1 year.OK
by Chan40 rate this post as useful

Re: Visa extension 2018/11/9 14:30
Nope still I know someone who got 3 years (2018 Jan) OK

Re: Visa extension 2018/11/9 22:02
What is the best option to get 3 year extension after Ist 1 year extension
by Mr (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Visa extension 2018/11/9 22:45
I got my first visa for 5 years, engineering manager. Stop fighting, everyone is a different case. Just try and see whatfs the outcome. You lose nothing by trying.
by Stop (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Visa extension 2018/11/11 08:59
Immigration decides on a case by case basis. You don't apply for a 1, 3 or 5 year visa, you get what they give you.

As an example, one of my staff was granted a 3-year work visa on their initial application (which was surprising) rather than an initial one year, "it depends". Just like all the "how long does it take?" questions, it takes as long as it does.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread