Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Maple Taba Bike ride Nakatsu Kyushu 2018/11/11 16:19
Has anyone any details about this interesting-looking bicycle route from Nakatsu - apparently along an abandoned railway line? Some details are on the net but not how to contact and ask questions about how to find it, maps and details and where to get bikes etc. . We will be in the area in March and would love to take it.....and some other interesting and not too challenging short rides in Kyushu
by Tommmo  

Re: Maple Taba Bike ride Nakatsu Kyushu 2018/11/12 12:51
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Maple Taba Bike ride Nakatsu Kyushu 2018/11/12 13:17
Thank you. We are hoping to get an email contact for a rental bike shop so we can be sure before we drive there. Phone calls may find people without English. I suppose we can just turn up and take our chances.
Is it clear if we should go to the Nakatsu Station first or just go to the bike shop which seems some distance away?
by Tommmo rate this post as useful

Re: Maple Taba Bike ride Nakatsu Kyushu 2018/11/12 16:11
I did a search for "Yaba-kei Cycling Terminal" which bought up some useful links. One of which lead me here https://www.city-nakatsu.jp/kankodocs/2014022100011/ That page has an email address which you might try It's E-Mail:yb-chiiki@city.nakatsu.lg.jp I hope this helps
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Maple Taba Bike ride Nakatsu Kyushu 2018/11/12 16:36
Thank you. I just had an email from that address and it included an English version of the route map, which is usefull but we still can't contact the bike shops about renting bikes. I have asked the manager of the guesthouse we have booked in Nakatsu (who speaks English) if he could kindly check on the bike details for us. From what I can make out, we can drop off the bikes at the far end , but how we get back to Nakatsu is not clear?
by Tommmo rate this post as useful

reply to this thread