Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Question regarding travel itinerary 2018/11/13 07:56
Hi everyone
This is our itinerary for Japan next year.
Flying on 16th April from London - 17th April Morning Osaka.
17th to 21st April- Kyoto (5 nights) with day trips to Nara, Himeji castle and (Hiroshima/ Miyajima island optional).
We are not sure to cut one day from Kyoto to visit Hiroshima/Miyajima . Though we would love to visit there.
22nd to Kiso Valley ( Magome & Tsumago)
Evening train to Matsumoto, spend night there.
23rd April- In morning check out Matsumoto Castle and then take a bus to Komikachi. Explore area . Stay for a night.
24th April after breakfast move to Takeyama- Explore Takeyama. Spend the night.
25th April - Morning Bus to Shirakawa go . Explore village by afternoon then take another bus to Kanazawa. . Spend night there.

26th April- Take train /bus to do Toyoma Alpine route. In evening head to Shinano Omachi. Spend 2 nights in there.
How long does it takes to cover the whole route? Should we just aim for snowwall in Murodo or the whole route is recommended?.

27th April- If possible rent a car explore Nagano cherry blossom . Night in Shinano Omachi
28th - 30th April- Tohoku (Aomori or Akita prefecture?)
1st to 5th May - Tokyo ( with day trip to either Lake Kawaguchiko, Ashikaga Park or hitachi Seaside Park) depending which one is in bloom.
6th May- morning flight to London
Do you think this all is doable in our time frame? Do you recommend 21 days JR pass or the different area passes will serve us well.

Thank you .
by Harry (guest)  

Re: Question regarding travel itinerary 2018/11/13 10:16
Hi!
I am not familiar with Japan all over the country, so I will advise only the Tohoku area.
If you are coming to Tohoku, especially Aomori, you'd better make it a little later.

Because Hirosaki Castle, famous for its cherry blossoms, is the best time to see cherry blossoms from the end of April to the beginning of May.
Hirosaki Castle is recommended when the cherry blossoms are in full bloom or the beginning of scattering.
The appearance of cherry blossom petals floating on the surface is a very fantastic and Japanese-like landscape.

The best time to see Nemophila at Hitachi Seaside Park is the end of April, so it may be good to change the schedule.

Have a nice honeymoon!
by LinaLisa rate this post as useful

Re: Question regarding travel itinerary 2018/11/13 17:16
Thank you. We will be in Tohoku from 28th to 30th April(3 nights). I hope to see blossoms that time. I checked the forecast for last couple of years. It shows full bloom around 22nd and 24th April at Hirosaki. Where should we base ourselves so that we can see may be not all but most of the amazing Sakura in Tohoku in our limited time frame?

Please Any reviews on my itinerary and which all passes would be better for us.? Thank you.
by Harry (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread