Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

NRT Custom and baggage clearance time 2018/11/14 14:03
Dear,
I am traveling from Yangon to New Orleans, US with ANA on 17 Nov, this Saturday.
My flight will land at 6:45 am in the morning at Narita T1 South Wing and then transit to Haneda where my Chicago Flight will depart at 10:10 am.
Will it be crowded in the morning time in custom, immigration, and baggage counters around 6:45 am at T1, South Wing?
Practically, I have 3 hr 35 min to transit in between airport.
My concerned is that how long will it take to clear custom and then baggage claim (1 check-in baggage only). Is it enough to clear and transit to Haneda with 3:35 hr?
by Jakaiaung  

Re: NRT Custom and baggage clearance time 2018/11/14 20:29
I guess you will take NH814 arriving at NRT at 6:45 and NH112 departing HND at 10:20. Both are ANA's flights so you might have bought connecting single ticket from ANA. If this is the case, ANA will allow you to fly to your final destination even if you can't take NH112. ANA announces the minimum connecting time between NRT and HND (international flights) to be 210 min and in your case you will have 215 min. Actually you should take limousine bus departing 7:10, 7:20, or 7:40 which will arrive 8:55, 9:05 or 9:25. Limousine bus tend to arrive earlier than the timetable so I think you will be 95% fine. Haneda's check-in limit is 40 min prior to departure by the way.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: NRT Custom and baggage clearance time 2018/11/14 20:46
The other ANA flight to Chicago that day leaves from NRT at 5:05 pm as NH12. Something to think about if there's a major delay. If you know you're not going to make the flight from Haneda in the morning, ask if they can accommodate you on the afternoon flight to Chicago.
by John B digs Japan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: NRT Custom and baggage clearance time 2018/11/14 21:05
Yes.. I plan to take Airport Limousine Bus from T1 South Wing and unfortunately I have to take it from North Wing since there is some sort of renovation in South Wing bus gate.
You are right, itfs NH814 from Yangon and then NH112 from Haneda to Chicago.
Your suggestion seems very true 95% that I can make it to Haneda on time. Thank your for it.
What do think the crowd condition in immigration in the morning? Is it way too crowded and long queue? How minutes will it take to clear immigration, approximately? How is the baggage claim? How long does the morning Arrival tend to wait to get the baggage?

I talked with travel agent to change departing from Narita but I have to pay cancellation fee and then book a new flight. The process is way complicated and costly. Thatfs why I decided to take the original one. Thank you for your suggestion and in case it is very useful.
by Jakaiaung rate this post as useful

Re: NRT Custom and baggage clearance time 2018/11/14 22:41
What do think the crowd condition in immigration in the morning? Is it way too crowded and long queue? How minutes will it take to clear immigration, approximately? How is the baggage claim? How long does the morning Arrival tend to wait to get the baggage?

I am sorry to say I don't know how crowded Narita is in the early morning, but you can ask the ground staff of ANA to proceed the queue (if there is) showing your flight ticket from Haneda.

The bright side is that ANA814 tend to arrive earlier than the schedule.

https://ja.flightaware.com/live/flight/ANA814

After landing Narita you can check the current travel time of the limousine bus.

https://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/route/realtime/

Hope you can catch the flight from Haneda.

Re: NRT Custom and baggage clearance time 2018/11/15 11:49
Thank you for all the comments..
This is very useful.

I suppose it might happen to someone in the future and so let's share your experience.

Re: NRT Custom and baggage clearance time 2018/11/15 12:53
Why not get the direct train between airports and not worry about traffic. In any event, north and south wing are very close to each other in T1 at Narita.

Also, flights do arrive early, and late. Looking at the boards this morning for the flights I did this morning (both from the same origin, 5 minutes apart), one was 25 minutes early, the other was 70 minutes late.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: NRT Custom and baggage clearance time 2018/11/15 13:08
Yes, I have been monitoring my flights for nh814 since November 1st, it arrive early (the latest arrival is 10 min early).
Since this is my first time, I should better take Airport Limousine Bus to avoid any mistake.

Anyone, is it okay to bring check-in luggage with 3:35 hr layover and transit to haneda.

Seriously worried as the day is closer. :(

Re: NRT Custom and baggage clearance time 2018/11/15 18:26
I am not sure whether you will leave 17th or arrive 17th, but in any case you will arrive Narita on weekend when the traffic is less congested. Flight "arrival rush" in Narita seems to be around 15:00 to 16:00 so the immigration should be less crowded in the early morning. I think in Japan, young female ground staff tend to have better English skill. Have nice connecting flights!

reply to this thread