Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 39

1 2
next

Akasaka Ninja Restaurant 2005/5/13 12:38
Can anyone tell me about the Akasaka Ninja restaurant? What is the approximate price per person? I've seen different write ups about it with prices ranging from 4000yen to 15,000yen per person. Thanks
by mcsl  

ninja 2005/5/14 14:32
here
http://www.ninjaakasaka.com/

akasaka tokyu plaza
2-14-3 nagata-cho
chiyoda-ku, tokyo
by pong rate this post as useful

i ate there 2005/5/14 20:42
I ate there in March w/my 14 yr old son. Small portions, big prices. I had no alcohol, and the bill for two appetizers, two entrees, and two desserts was $135 USD. And did I say the portions are very small?
by Eileen rate this post as useful

Ninja restaurant 2005/5/15 01:57
Thanks Eileen! That is exactly what I wanted to know. I think we'll be passing on the Ninja.
by mcsl rate this post as useful

it was fun though 2005/5/15 20:12
Also, for anyone checking this out in the future: If you speak English, they have one menu (as in only one, not 2) that you can "unscroll" to look at. But the print is so small and the scroll is so full of small print and the little rooms you are in are so dark, we couldn't see the menu well at all. Luckily i had a small credit card sized magnifying glass w/me (I use it for maps) but we laughed that we really needed a flashlight. The service was not very good- it was a Thurs. night and they were very busy and had a few Japanese birthdays being celebrated, and we hardly ever saw our server. The "ninja" who comes around to do tricks at your table never came and when we paid for the bill I said something about it, so then the server went to get him and we had to wait another 20 min. for him to show up. It's a hype-type place and I wouldn't go again. I wish I would have chosen somewhere else for the nice dinner in Tokyo.
by Eileen rate this post as useful

Ha...this place is wierd... 2005/5/17 03:43
i have been there! err...my mom has. but she told me it stank! i could make my own sushi and make people pay one fourth of the price of that stuff! i am really good at cooking so...
by Shon rate this post as useful

Great place for a date. 2005/6/5 21:35
A little adventerous beginning. Private, secluded, slightly dim lighted rooms for each reservation. Good food & just for you entertainment. My freind and I had a great time.
by Cheuche rate this post as useful

best place in tokyo 2005/8/10 03:38
the price is hefty at about ’50 a head. but worth every penny for the awesome food and entertainment.
by Ninjaboy rate this post as useful

Loved it 2005/8/14 21:39
Aug 14 2005

To the Eileen. What did you eat? It must have been laced with gold (My drink was). The set menu is only $70 per person and that included a full meal. Unless you ordered the Wasabi Steak then the bill shouldnt have been that high. There is a hidden ringer that you can press and the servers will show up. I guess you never found it huh? I have a picture if you want to see.

I was there today. The entrance was pretty grand. When I got in I was pretty shocked at the prices. We had a 2 hour time slot and a huge 6 seat table for 4 people. The ambiance was really nice. The waiters and waitresses were super cool and funny. The magic guy showed up right before dessert with great timing. I really liked the setting. It had a lot of things I didnt expect. All in all my friends, wife and I all had a great time. We spent 8000, but it was well worth it.

To those that want to go: Dont go if you are worried about money. If you are worried about spending under 10000 (per person) then you are truely kidding yourself. If you do decide to go then bring a camera. Its really a good experience for a one time visit.

Pro's: Great ambiance and very nice setting. The waiters and waitresses play a great role. There are many hidden things you can find all over the resteraunt.

Con's: Very expensive even for the Japanese. The food is small so you have to order much. If youre hard of seeing or have bad vision this isnt a good place to go to.
by injapan1979 rate this post as useful

Dericious..erm, Delicious. 2005/8/15 04:28
Yeah! The Ninja Resturant is really cool. Trap doors, draw bridges, exploding menus, shuriken cards. And coins that defy reality!

Great atmosphere and great entertainment, but mediokre food.

Fav dessert: Choco ball with hot milk poured on top.
by Oni rate this post as useful

Set Menu 2005/8/30 03:28
I'm thinkin of whether to splurge on this restaurant.But how much (in yen) are the set menus in general?
by Marie rate this post as useful

splurge 2005/8/30 23:50
Marie,

If you have to think about it then its probably better for you not to go. Set menus I think starts at 8000 yen and works its way up to 15000. Its better not to get the set. I got my meal for 7500 yen just from ordering what I wanted. If youre not willing to throw down then its not the place to go when you can get a meal else where for under 2000 yen and still have 6000 yen left for a movie and pachinko.
by injapan1979 rate this post as useful

I ate at this restaurant in July 2005 2005/9/3 17:57
I can't comment on the prices since my Japanese host took care of the bill. However, my 15 year old nephew loved the place. It is very "cool". When the Ninja characters appear at your table, they are entertaining. And the magic trick person who came at the end was fantastic with his tricks. Food portions were small and I left the restaurant not really full. I did have some Japanese sake which I really enjoyed and which was served in an unusual container. But a great experience you won't soon forget!
by Ellen rate this post as useful

so expensive.. 2005/9/7 02:11
Well I understand it's a certain speciality thing. Ofcourse this ninja thing has it's own appeal.

But I rather choose a real high class restaurant if I want to spend so much for food.
by yaschan rate this post as useful

Thanks 2005/9/8 02:29
Thanks for all the advice. I guess I'll consider a different type of restaurant instead coz I'm travelling with friends so I need to consider everyone's budget.
by Marie rate this post as useful

Ninja is a great experience 2005/9/23 03:20
I have eaten at Ninja 2 times. It's a wonderful resturant. What people said is true, small proportions and expensive. But the food is wonderful and the atmosphere is amazing. It's truely something everyone should try at least once. My girlfriend and I both were drinking alcohol and our bill was 14,500 yen, about 130.00 USD.
by Mike rate this post as useful

Web site 2005/11/4 17:03
The Ninja restaurant has a website. You need to be able to read Japanese but it does have all the prices for set menus. From 7000 to 20,000 Yen.
http://www.ninja.tv/course.html
by Mark rate this post as useful

Foods 2005/11/5 13:43
are not very cheap, just like in Koto restorant :)
by Module rate this post as useful

But 2005/11/5 13:49
if you don't drink any alcohol- you can save some money :)
by Module rate this post as useful

Saw this on a Swedish travel show 2005/11/7 17:14
I heard about Ninja just recently. 2 guys from a Swedish travelling show went there. They said it felt very plastic, catering to tourists. They also commented on the small portions. I've never went there myself so compared to previous peoples response, I'm obviously not the expert here but from what I saw on tv, I would agree with the tv-shows conclusions.
by Carl rate this post as useful

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 39

1 2
next

reply to this thread