Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

honeymoon trip in spring 2018/11/23 20:20
hi. id like to know if it's too late to make an itinerary for a honeymoon trip in march. that's like almost 3-4 months from now. (around march 24 to april 4)
and is it worth it to go to okinawa in spring? i mean since that main goal here is to enjoy the sakura season, we're hoping to get to tokyo, shirakawago, nara, osaka, kyoto, and hakone.. so are these good places to go to in spring? thank you!
by miss kay (guest)  

Re: honeymoon trip in spring 2018/11/24 10:05
It's not too late at all. But the more affordable options in popular places, like Kyoto, will become more difficult if you wait much longer. With a 11~12 day itinerary, try not to see everything all in one trip.
by O92 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: honeymoon trip in spring 2018/11/24 10:28
Busy season. So get to booking hotels asap.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: honeymoon trip in spring 2018/11/25 08:45
around march 24 to april 4

These days are in general cherry blossom season for Tokyo and more western flat land (like, Kyoto, Osaka, Himeji, Hiroshima etc). But usually the peak will be the last few days of March and first several days in April. Since most of cherry blossoms are one species (unlike autumn foliage which is consisted of many types of trees), and the one cherry (Somei Yoshino) have only 3-5 days of it's peak you might miss the peak day in Tokyo, Kyoto etc. So I recommend you to be flexible for your itinerary.

and is it worth it to go to okinawa in spring? i mean since that main goal here is to enjoy the sakura season, we're hoping to get to tokyo, shirakawago, nara, osaka, kyoto, and hakone.. so are these good places to go to in spring?

If cherry blossom is your main goal, you may better skip Okinawa. It is very far from Tokyo or Osaka so it will take 5 hours one way including flight and the transportation to/from the airport. Shirakawago (and Takayama) and Hakone are too early for cherry blossoms.

I recommend you to stay one place and do day trips. I would recommend Nagoya since it is cheap as compared to Kyoto, Osaka and Tokyo, convenient to go many places by Shinkansen trains and limited express trains. Your first few days are unlikely to be suitable for cherry blossoms (too early) so you might consider some other experiences, such as snow monkey in Nagano, Mt Fuji at Kawaguchiko, Onsen in Hakone etc.

I would recommend you to buy 14 days Japan Rail Pass (Green version) which will cover most of your transportation in Japan. I checked how crowded Shinkansen is for today. Today is the peak day for Kyoto autumn foliage, but still all Hikari trains from Nagoya to Kyoto have vacant seats. I think this can be applied for spring cherry blossom season.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread