Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Itinerary suggestions 2018/11/24 22:19
I hope to get some suggestions for the travel route. I plan to go to Magome, Tsumago, Takayama, Shirakawago and should I go from Nagoya or Fukuoka because I also wanted to cover Kagoshima and ibusuki. I will be using the 7 days JL pass. Thank you in advance.
by murphi  

Re: Itinerary suggestions 2018/11/25 11:27
I plan to go to Magome, Tsumago, Takayama, Shirakawago and should I go from Nagoya or Fukuoka because I also wanted to cover Kagoshima and ibusuki. I will be using the 7 days JL pass.

I guess you are talking about JR pass (JL is abbreviation for Japan Airline). Magome, Tsumago, Takayama, Shirakawago and Nagoya are in Chubu area so they are rather close. Fukuoka, Kagoshima and Ibusuki are in Kyushu area. Chubu and Kyushu are very distant. For example, Fukuoka (the name of the Shinkansen train station is Hakata, not Fukuoka) to Nagoya is about 800 km and takes almost 4 hours. Ibusuki is in the opposite direction and is 330 km away from Hakata and takes almost 3 hours. I think it difficult to combine all these places (including Magome, Tsumago, Takayama, and Shirakawago) within 7 days. What is your rough plan? Where will you land and depart in Japan?
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread