Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Should we preponed our Aomori trip 2018/12/1 09:55
Hi
Ny husband and I are planning to reach Aomori; (Hirosaki) for cherry blossoms on 27th April for 3 nights and moving to Akita or Iwate for next 2 nights. Will we be late for cherry blossom viewing. Should we come around 23rd April to Aomori?
Please advise we will be travelling from Kyoto or Alps depending we come earlier or later.
Thanks.
by Amy (guest)  

Re: Should we preponed our Aomori trip 2018/12/1 10:12
Will we be late for cherry blossom viewing. Should we come around 23rd April to Aomori?

Unfortunately, it is not possible to predict the timing of the blossoms over such a long time period. Even the forecasts made around early April are often not very accurate. The average best timing for Hirosaki is in late April, often into early May, but it can vary by +/- 1-2 weeks.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Should we preponed our Aomori trip 2018/12/1 20:05
Thank you for your reply.
We have already booked our Kyoto accommodation till 21st April. We were planning to do Kiso on 22nd after Kyoto and then move to Alps.
In this trip, We would like to cover Alps, Tohoku and Tokyo (with Fuji day trip or May be visit to any of the flower park).
In what order should we do it? Just donft want to miss full bloom around Tohoku. Return flight is from Tokyo.
I know we canft predict the flower bloom but seeing last couple of years I was thinking should we go to Tohoku after Kyoto. Or spend couple of days in Tokyo first after Kyoto like 2 days there and then move to Tohoku, Alps, and last three days back in Tokyo.
(Plan is to 4 nights- Alps, 4 nights Tohoku, 5 nights - Tokyo).

Thanks.
by Amy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Should we preponed our Aomori trip 2018/12/3 10:55
I have been to the Hirosaki blossom festivals the past three years, and your dates might be on the late-side, but not unreasonable. For the park, there are 2600 trees covering 60 different varieties, some are early, some late so the chances of having blossom for your dates is very good.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread