Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Accomodation for family group of 9 2018/12/2 21:08
Please give us any suggestion for accomodation in tokyo hakone toyama takayama kyoto osaka for 9 persons
by Ratna Sunarko  

Re: Accomodation for family group of 9 2018/12/3 12:18
Booking dot com

Or use similar website
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Accomodation for family group of 9 2018/12/3 14:31
At Hakone I'd look at Lalaca at Gora. You could fit 5 people in the Japanese/western rooms but I think there is only one per floor.

At Takayama I'd look at Hotel Associa. It is a little way out of town but the rates are super cheap for a nice hotel and there is a shuttle bus. I dont know how many people per room, though, we always took 2 rooms when we stayed with the kids.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Accomodation for family group of 9 2018/12/4 01:38
If you all want to stay in the same unit, you will probably need to rent a large apartment or a house on airbnb. But for typical hotels, you are definitely looking at 2-3 rooms for 9 people.
by JB25 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Accomodation for family group of 9 2018/12/4 09:52
For Takayama I would actually avoid the Associa - way out of town and the shuttle might be ok, but there's nothing around the hotel (I stayed there a few years ago). Check the larger rooms at the Hida Plaza or Takayama Green - they can fit four/five/six people per room. Ryokan Asunaro might also be an option - ryokan using futons makes it easier to fit more people into a room.

Similar advice for somewhere like Hakone - I have used Hotel Kowakien before (we had four to a room), and while it was ok, it seemed more designed for domestic tourism.

Some hotels provide for three people to a room (roll-away bed/sofa bed configurations), so hunt on your preferred hotel booking site. Another option is to book suites as they have a lot more space and can often accommodate extra people. You didn't indicate a budget, so it is hard to recommend something when there are thousands of hotels.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread