Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Multiple JR Train Pass Purchase 2018/12/3 18:32
Is there any restriction to purchase JR Tokyo Wide Pass and JR East Tohoku Area Pass at the same time but use at different intervals?
by Yee Ning (guest)  

Re: Multiple JR Train Pass Purchase 2018/12/4 09:35
No.

The only restriction I know of is that you can not have two of the same pass for the same person for the same start day - and why someone would do that is a mystery anyway.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Multiple JR Train Pass Purchase 2018/12/4 09:58
I don't see how this would make sense, however, seeing as for both passes the validity period starts on the day of purchase and cannot be changed.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Multiple JR Train Pass Purchase 2018/12/5 08:50
I can see it could be quite a good combination - 8-days travel for 30,000 yen. JR East passes give any five days within 14 days and the three day Tokyo Wide pass could be used within that period. You could do Tokyo-Aomori-Tokyo then time in Tokyo on the 3-day pass, before another trip like Tokyo-Gala Yuzawa-Tokyo. However, doing back-tracking or longer distances jut to make the passes pay off isn't a saving. Depends on the actual schedule being considered.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Multiple JR Train Pass Purchase 2018/12/5 11:11

both passes the validity period starts on the day of purchase and cannot be changed.

It is correct for the JR East Tohoku Area Pass. However, correct me if I am wrong, I vaguely recall that I could nominate the starting date of the JR Tokyo Wide Pass.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread