Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Does it snow on January 2019 2018/12/7 15:06
Hi, we are visiting Takayama-Shirakawago-Nagano (snow monkey park)-Kanazawa-Kyoto-Osaka on 22Jan19-31Jan19. May I know is there any snow during that period? We need to prepare for our outfit.
by Daphne Quah (guest)  

Re: Does it snow on January 2019 2018/12/7 17:13
Yeah middle of winter is snows.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Does it snow on January 2019 2018/12/7 17:47
Agreed, it is likely to be quite snowy especially at Shirakawa which was about -13 celsius when we were there in very late December. Bear in mind though that Kanazawa in particular is rainy so you get a lot of slush and puddles, it is easy to step into one under the snow. If I was to go back, I'd be wearing rubber boots as waterproof hiking boots didnt help very much. I was there in the beginning of January, it might be less slush and more ice when you are there.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Does it snow on January 2019 2018/12/9 09:48
Yes, snow.
Clothing - depends on preference. Some people go over-the-top with waterproof and high-tech boots/jackets, others just use their normal outdoor wear.

One of my visits to the snow monkeys was ice on the path, snow in the trees, around zero degrees and it was actually raining (rather than snow) - My umbrella and hat were useful, but otherwise my usual shoes/jacket I wear all the time.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Does it snow on January 2019 2018/12/9 11:11
Shirakawago is covered with snow right now
http://ml.shirakawa-go.org/en/livecam/
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Does it snow on January 2019 2018/12/9 14:41
Hi all, Thank you very much for all the information provided. Very helpful for us. Thanks again! Cheers!
by daphne quah (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Does it snow on January 2019 2018/12/10 10:21
Yeah, I know it snows during that month.
by clancy19 rate this post as useful

Re: Does it snow on January 2019 2018/12/10 12:51
Thank you.
by Daphne Quah rate this post as useful

reply to this thread