Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

travel NRT terminal 1 to terminal 3 2018/12/10 12:38
Hi,
I will arrive at NRT international flight terminal 1 at 13:50pm on Thursday and will need to store 1 baggage first, then travel to terminal 3 trying to catch domestic flight at 17:15pm to Sapporo. Would you think I will have enough time? Thanks in advance if you can provide me the paths/route how to get there to speed up the transfer.
by Afang  

Re: travel NRT terminal 1 to terminal 3 2018/12/11 11:35
Frankly, you are taking high risk of missing your connecting flight.
a, your arrival could be late
b, could be long queue at immigration
c, you might need to queue again at the baggage storage facility
d, possibly 10 minute rush to your domestic T3 check-in counter
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: travel NRT terminal 1 to terminal 3 2018/12/11 12:18
If your plane arrives on time you have plenty of time. Use the free shuttle buses to get between terminals.
https://www.narita-airport.jp/en/access/shuttlebus

Even with a long wait at immigration sweating in the long wrap-around line, I've waited longer for my baggage to appear. I've never seen long lines at the luggage check, but they might happen. You could also use a luggage delivery service to send your 1 piece you were thinking about checking to the hotel you plan to stay at after re-picking it up. The hotel will store it until you arrive.
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2278.html
by Anaguma (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: travel NRT terminal 1 to terminal 3 2018/12/11 14:38
Narita processing times from landing to exit are around 40 minutes. Longest I've experienced (because I do lots of pick-ups) is 90 minutes.
The 5 minutes between terminals 1 & 2 is via shuttle bus every 10-15 minutes, and from T2 to T3 is a ten minute walk (if you walk slowly).
Allowing 20-30 minutes for check-in at T3 that totals way less than two hours (normal 90 minutes, longer maybe two hours.) Your flight would need to be between 90 minutes and two hours late to miss the connection.
Storing a bag (locker) would not take long.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: travel NRT terminal 1 to terminal 3 2018/12/11 15:42
We went through at about 2PM on a Thursday in late October (China Airlines filght to terminal 2). There was barely a person in the terminal, I think we got from getting off the plane to the train station in less than 15 minutes. It was the quickest I have ever been through an airport.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: travel NRT terminal 1 to terminal 3 2018/12/12 08:20

Frankly, you are taking high risk of missing your connecting flight.

Sorry , my mistake thought you had only 75 mins.
Yes , you have plenty of time.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: travel NRT terminal 1 to terminal 3 2019/1/2 19:59
Thank you so much for all the replies. I am praying that my flight won't get delayed so that I can make it :-). Really appreciate all the responses. Happy New Year 2019.
by Afang rate this post as useful

reply to this thread