Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hotels in Tokyo where minors can check in 2018/12/14 10:59
Hi, Ifm planning a solo trip to Tokyo next year in March (Born December 2002, so technically still 16 in March 2019) and I was wondering if are there any hotels in Tokyo that allows minors to check in. Ifm from Singapore and I know of some airlines that allows minors to travel overseas without an adult. Ifm only worried that I will get denied at the Japanese customs or the hotel check in. Ifm currently looking to stay at the Asakusa View Hotel but I canft find anything saying that you have to be 18 to check in. I donft have any family or friends living in Japan so Ifm just going there for a short holiday trip. Any advice?
by piiit  

Re: Hotels in Tokyo where minors can check in 2018/12/14 18:36
Have you inquired the hotel directly? Most hotels allow 16-year-olds to stay alone if they bring along some kind of an approval from their parents. Ask again if you need language assistance to fill in their inquiry form.
https://www.viewhotels.co.jp/form/contact_form.php?hotel=asakusa&kind=...
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Hotels in Tokyo where minors can check in 2018/12/15 08:26
Some hotels require you to be 20 and older (adult age in Japan is 20), other hotels it is 18, others no restriction. Depends on the hotel and its policy.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread