Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Luggage transfer on connecting flight? 2018/12/15 14:07
Hi, this is my first time taking a connecting flight. I will be taking ANA airlines, flying from Singapore to Haneda aiport and then take a domestic flight to Osaka Itami airport. Transit time is around 2 hours.

My question is : after reaching Haneda airport do I need to pick up my luggage and then do a re-check in again for the next domestic flight? Or the luggage is transferred automatically from Singapore customs to Osaka Itami aiport?

My return trip is also a connecting flight.
Hope you guys can help!
Thank in advance.
by Saul Goodman  

Re: Luggage transfer on connecting flight? 2018/12/15 14:31
Your ticket info and itinerary should include this info.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage transfer on connecting flight? 2018/12/15 15:39
You will have to pick up your luggage at the port of entry into Japan (Haneda). You will then have to go through customs with those bags and go to the domestic terminal where you will check the bags again for your domestic flight.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage transfer on connecting flight? 2018/12/20 13:35
Thank you John. What about return flight? From domestic to international flight? Do I have to do the same?
by Saul Goodman rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage transfer on connecting flight? 2018/12/20 18:49
The domestic check-in should ticket/check you bags through to your destination where you pick them up at immigration/customs at the arriving country.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage transfer on connecting flight? 2018/12/20 23:32
Baggage is usually checked-in until the point of entry into a new country. So JCT is correct. You won't have to do anything with the luggage until you get back home.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage transfer on connecting flight? 2018/12/21 01:01
Thank you everyone for the information. Appreciate it!
by Saul Goodman rate this post as useful

reply to this thread