Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Trip Osaka Kyoto Fuji Tokyo 2018/12/23 22:45
Hi, i need your sugestion.
I will come to osaka and back to my country from osaka.
Here is my itinerary:
27 march reach osaka(stay osaka)
28 march universal studio(stay osaka)
29 march kyoto and back to osaka(stay osaka)
30 march fuji (stay fuji)
31 march fuji and go to tokyo (stay tokyo)
1 april tokyo and night back to osaka using night bus
2 april back to my country from itami airport
Need your sugestion about which pass should i buy? Thank you
by Ilejji (guest)  

Re: Trip Osaka Kyoto Fuji Tokyo 2018/12/24 12:52
Since you are using a night bus back to Osaka, you are not using JR Shinkansen trains enough to justify 7-Day Japan Rail Pass. So you should just go with individual tickets.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Trip Osaka Kyoto Fuji Tokyo 2018/12/24 14:04
So which pass should i by for all my itinerary.
I think to buy kansai pass 3 days to cover my journey osaka and kyoto in 3 days(27-29), for 30 march-31 march i consfused which pass to buy to covered my itinerary from osaka-fuji-tokyo. For 1 april in tokyo should i buy subway 2 days pass?
Need your suggestion please
Thank you
by Ilejji (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Trip Osaka Kyoto Fuji Tokyo 2018/12/24 15:31
At times you don't need any "pass," but you simply buy individual tickets.

For local travel (within Osaka, Osaka - Kyoto - Osaka, and within Tokyo), you can get a prepaid card for convenience (it is not a "pass").
For Osaka - Mt. Fuji area (I don't know which station?) - Tokyo, you simply buy individual JR tickets.

Re: Trip Osaka Kyoto Fuji Tokyo 2018/12/25 09:29
2 april back to my country from itami airport
While Itami is "Osaka International", what country do you think you are flying to? Itami operates only domestic flights these days. International flights are from Kansai International.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Trip Osaka Kyoto Fuji Tokyo 2018/12/26 01:13
I am transit in narita to osaka(itm) from jakarta same when back to my country i will transit in narita too from osaka(itm) to jakarta.
So its not rekomended to buy hakone pass from odawara if i am coming from osaka?

Re: Trip Osaka Kyoto Fuji Tokyo 2018/12/26 02:43
Well, are you going to Kawaguchiko (Fuji Five Lakes, what people usually refer to as Fuji) or are you going to Hakone? They're not the same place.

It might be worth it to buy a Kawaguchiko pass, it depends on what you want to do there.

It might be worth it to buy a Hakone pass from Odawara, again it depends on what you want to do there.

A Fuji Hakone Pass is unlikely to be worth it because you have a day and a half between both areas at best, but you can do the math based on what you want to do to see if it is worth it. I would think though even if you leave Shin-Osaka on an 8:43 train, you won't reach Mishima until 11:18. The next bus between Mishima and the Fuji Five Lakes area isn't until 12:10 and you won't be arriving in various parts of the Five Lakes area until 13:20. So you will pretty much have under 4 hours to sightsee there including transport. I can't really seen you making a Fuji-Hakone Pass work.

Depending on your plans a Fujisan Fujigoko Pass might be worth it.

If instead of Kawaguchiko you are spending your time in Hakone, then it probably makes sense to get one of the Hakone Passes out of Odawara.

Honestly, since you are only in Japan for 7 days so presumably are traveling super light, it might actually make sense on your Kyoto day to instead of returning to Osaka to instead take the train to Nagoya. Nagoya is between 35-45 minutes by shinkansen from Kyoto and even splitting things up it's not going to cost you all that much more money. It would make your travels onwards to either Kawaguchiko or Hakone easier since if you leave Nagoya at 8:35 you can be in Mishima by 9:55 and catch the 10:10 bus and be in Kawaguchiko before noon.

Also I would honestly look into whether you can change your flight out of Itami and just do into Itami on the 27th and out of Tokyo on the 2. Maybe you're super young, but even my college age friends found sleeping on night buses challenging and I don't think any of them would want to be flying the next day for 7+ hours.

Good luck!
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Trip Osaka Kyoto Fuji Tokyo 2018/12/26 03:46
27,28,29 March=you can buy JR Kansai pass 3 day=5300 yen
30,31 march,1 April=you can buy JR Tokyo wide pass 3 day=10000 yen
by Jo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Trip Osaka Kyoto Fuji Tokyo 2018/12/26 10:12
You arrive in Tokyo, then go to Osaka, back to Tokyo and then back to Osaka to fly to Tokyo/Narita. That seems a crazy/wasted time/money combination for your trip.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Trip Osaka Kyoto Fuji Tokyo 2018/12/26 11:00
Indeed something sounds awfully wasteful with your flight arrangements.

Can't you change so that you arrive in Narita then spend some time in Tokyo, then simply travel one way to Osaka, then leave from Itami - Narita - Jakarta, or you arrive in Narita - Itami, stay in Osaka, do your visit to Fuji, stay in Tokyo, and simply leave from Narita??

Re: Trip Osaka Kyoto Fuji Tokyo 2018/12/26 18:20
Really thank you for your suggestion.
How if take shinkansen from osaka 06.20 and reach mishima at 09.18?
Is it oke if i come from osaka that time?
Ya i know it is wasting but last time i buy this ticket for return ticket and cheaper than jakarta-tokyo. Thats why know my itinerary looks complicated 😭😭😭

Re: Trip Osaka Kyoto Fuji Tokyo 2018/12/27 02:02
Again, since you are presumably packing light, it still makes more sense to spend the night after Kyoto in Nagoya rather than Osaka. And sure if you want to try to make the 6:20 am train you can but I think unless you are staying in Shin-Osaka that is going to be harder than you think and it is not going to help you make a bus earlier than the 10:10 bus which you can take a train at 7:40 and make.

To make the 10:10 bus from Mishima you must make the 7:40 212 Nozomi from Shin-Osaka to Nagoya and then change to the 510 Hikari at 8:35 from Nagoya to Mishima.

There is no way to make the 9:10 bus from Shin-Osaka going to Mishima.
by rkold rate this post as useful

reply to this thread