Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tax free Issues with unpacked content? 2018/12/25 16:10
Hi, I have been few days in japan and have bought somethings, some with the tax free.
The content i have bought with tax free were primary items such headphones, figures, shoes, etc, but they were packed in boxes and I have opened and use them. Thats why I wanted to know if that can carry some issues at the airport.
And also, wanted to know if I can also have issues with bring to many figures or expensive things (the total value of all the items i have bough are near 150000 yen)
Thanks you beforehand
by PlaNeptunes  

Re: Tax free Issues with unpacked content? 2018/12/25 21:54
The issues with buying too many expensive things will be when you are on the airplane and flying back to Spain. On US-bound flights, regardless of airline, the cabin crew hands out a US Customs form passengers must fill out honestly. The last time I flew into Spain was on a US military plane are were exempt from this. But it is Spanish customs with which you must be concerned. They are the ones who will impose a limit on tax-free product brought into Spain and will penalize you for anything over the limit, if caught.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Tax free Issues with unpacked content? 2018/12/26 09:19
About opened items: as long as they are not consumables, and as long as you take them out of Japan, no issue.

About the value: as the earlier poster suggested, it will be a customs matter when you enter your country.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tax free Issues with unpacked content? 2018/12/26 17:10
Okey, that's exactaly what i wantes to know, thank you very much 😊
by PlaNeptunes rate this post as useful

Re: Tax free Issues with unpacked content? 2019/1/2 07:50

I wanted to know if that can carry some issues at the airport.
No one ever, in my many visits, checked/inspected my duty free purchases when departing Japan Airports.
by lostintranslation (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tax free Issues with unpacked content? 2019/1/10 10:21
You have to declare item and get an exemption ,each trip you make in out of the US,or you risk the ire of the tax person in the US or risk charges of smuggling
by Supremeliberal (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread