Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Request for a change from micro to nano sim? 2018/12/30 13:17
Hi

I have subscribed to docomo since last year where I have to pay a monthly fee for the phone number. I'm holding to micro sim at the moment, but now I'm changing my phone that will use a nano sim instead. Is possible to request a change of sim card while retaining the same number? Will it be free of charge? Thanks.

by Black Joker  

Re: Request for a change from micro to nano sim? 2018/12/31 17:38
I wouldnt even tell them. I would either buy a sim cutter or ask the shop I'm getting the new phone from if they could cut it down for me. I would imagine all phone accessory shops would cut it down for you very cheaply too. https://www.yodobashi.com/product/100000001002882883/
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Request for a change from micro to nano sim? 2018/12/31 21:56
It may be true that cutting the sim, will be cheap, but some micro sim, can't be cut, because of the size chipset underneath the metal contact.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: Request for a change from micro to nano sim? 2019/1/1 04:13
Indeed. But this must be a common question. Docomo will probably give you a new sim anyway because there is no change in the contract but I would at least go & ask a phone accessories shop if they could do it first. I have had to do this at work when we changed our handsets & had to cut the sims down to fit. Hell before then I even cut down my own sim by hand :)
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

reply to this thread