Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Mt Fuji Yoshida trail 2018/12/31 05:04
Hi
Am planning for a hike up the Yoshida trail. I heard of people who missed the sunrise because of congestion while people stopped on the trail blocking for other hikers just to see the sunset from the trailt. Is there any rules saying you can or cannot pass a queue? I heard this trail is the most popular but I want to try to hike on a weekday in the end of July.

Regarding acclimatization, is it better to stay in a hut around 2700-2900 m or 3000-3200 m? Staying too low mean you have to hike longer in dark.

by Mixx (guest)  

Re: Mt Fuji Yoshida trail 2018/12/31 11:01
Queues form only during the peak seasons, such as mid August and weekends. If you hike on days other those peak days, you are unlikely to encounter them. Also, the sunrise - if you are lucky enough to see it - is as nice from just below the summit as it is from the summit. It is fully visible from the Yoshida Trail.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Mt Fuji Yoshida trail 2018/12/31 19:54
Thank you for your reply Uji san.

If you come from the opposite side (Fujinomiya?), do you have to hike to the other side of the crater (near Yoshida trail) to see a possible sunset?

Is there any time at the year when there is a bigger chance to avoid bad weather during climb?
by Mixx (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Mt Fuji Yoshida trail 2019/1/1 08:33
If you come from the opposite side (Fujinomiya?), do you have to hike to the other side of the crater (near Yoshida trail) to see a possible sunset?

I believe you cannot see the sunset from the Fujinomiya Trail. Looking at the map, it seems you may have to walk a little bit counter-clockwise around the crater to get an unobstructed view of sunrise once you reach the summit:
http://suncalc.net/#/35.3628,138.7304,13/2019.08.01/08:28

Is there any time at the year when there is a bigger chance to avoid bad weather during climb?

The chances are lowest in early July when the percentage of sunny days is only around 34%. This percentage gradually increases and reaches 59% by the end of the month. It continues to increase until mid August when it reaches 65% at which it remains for the rest of the month.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread