Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Buying JR Pass online and send it to Asia 2019/1/1 19:15
I find the link to this online company that sold JR Pass online
https://www.japan-rail-pass.com/?ap=j0095g
thus, i think it should be legit.

question is, they need to deliver the tickets i think from UK or US.
Has anyone used them to deliver the JR Pass voucher to Asia?
Also my country's postal service sucks so i plan to deliver it to my friend's address in neighboring country because it's safer and arrives faster. is this alright ? as long as the voucher has my name on it?

by SakuraBunny888  

Re: Buying JR Pass online and send it to Asia 2019/1/2 08:32
Bought mine online. I think it was shipped from France and reached Asia just fine. I think they use Fedex.
by Guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying JR Pass online and send it to Asia 2019/1/2 09:30
The link is to Japan-Experience, an official agent and a pretty major seller of passes with offices in the UK and Paris. Normally my passes are sent from the Paris office, but my last set arrived from Los Angeles. Typical delivery time is less than 72 hours via FedEx. Very reliable, and I've had good service from them.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Buying JR Pass online and send it to Asia 2019/1/2 15:53
You can purchase several of the passes on arrival in Japan.
Costs 1000\ extra or thereabouts.
So just compare the cost for postage if you buy it online, cost to go to your friends house and determine which is better priced?

by A (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying JR Pass online and send it to Asia 2019/1/2 17:37
You can purchase several of the passes on arrival in Japan. Costs 1000\ extra or thereabouts.
Misleading - that applies for some regional passes. The national pass you can buy in Japan, but it costs a lot more than 1000 yen - more than 10% extra!!

Type - Ordinary
7 consecutive days - 33,000 yen rather than 29,110 yen
14 consecutive days - 52,000 yen rather than 46,390 yen
21 consecutive days - 65,000 yen rather than 59,350 yen

by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread