Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shinagawa to Haneda Intl' airport train 2019/1/1 19:16
is there a direct train from Shinagawa Station to Haneda International Airport Terminal 1?

I check on Hyperdia and it's a bit confusing of which Haneda should I choose. it lists Haneda Terminal 1 but not mention if it's domestic or international
by SakuraBunny888  

Re: Shinagawa to Haneda Intl' airport train 2019/1/2 08:26
Yes, Keikyu trains between Shinagawa and Haneda Airport stop at the international terminal:
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2430.html

Hyperdia calls the station "Haneda Airport International Terminal". This is as opposed to "Haneda Airport International Building" which refers to the monorail station at the international terminal.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Shinagawa to Haneda Intl' airport train 2019/1/2 08:38
Terminal 1 at Haneda is for JAL domestic flights. International terminal is not Terminal 1.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Shinagawa to Haneda Intl' airport train 2019/1/2 08:43
Some tickets seem to confusingly name the international terminal "Terminal I" (letter i rather than number 1).

In the future, I understand that the international terminal will eventually be renamed terminal 3 (something they should have done from the very beginning) and that terminal 2 will start handling a certain amount of international flights.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Shinagawa to Haneda Intl' airport train 2019/1/2 09:27
I get people telling me they are using terminal "1" and when I point out that is domestic they bother to read their flight details - terminal "I".
And the direct train is very good from Shinagawa.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Shinagawa to Haneda Intl' airport train 2019/1/2 09:28
And a BTW - Haneda is "Tokyo International", one of three commercial airports that serves Tokyo.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Shinagawa to Haneda Intl' airport train 2019/1/2 14:29
thank You All,

I always think that the "I" stands as 1 instead of International too. good to know that the "I" could actually stands for International
by SakuraBunny888 rate this post as useful

Re: Shinagawa to Haneda Intl' airport train 2019/1/2 14:39
Btw, my first day arriving in Haneda, I would have a later in the afternoon flight to New Chitose Airport with ANA. How could I get to ANA domestic terminal?
I read on the article given
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2430.html

there are 2 ways:
1. by the bus provided (by JAL and ANA). Where could i see this bus from international arrival terminal?
2. by monorail using special transit pass at the information counter. am i eligible for the transit pass?

which one of the 2 is more convenient as we'd bring our 2 big luggages with us upon arrival?

Re: Shinagawa to Haneda Intl' airport train 2019/1/2 19:24
Free shuttle between all terminals. Frequent stops.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Shinagawa to Haneda Intl' airport train 2019/1/3 01:49
HND is an int'l airport, even if it is at an airport in Japan, the airport web site provides English guide pages.
http://www.haneda-airport.jp/inter/en/access/portbus.html
http://www.haneda-airport.jp/inter/en/access/train.html
by Charlotte (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shinagawa to Haneda Intl' airport train 2019/1/3 17:47
thanks All for the recommendation
I plan to exchange my JR voucher (but not going to use it until the 2nd week of my travel) at Haneda Airport's Tokyo Monorail 2F Ticket Gate/Arrival Lobby. It also have the Information counter where I could ask for the monorail transit pass. Am I eligible for the transit pass though? I just arrive in the international terminal for approximately 3 -4 hours time before my domestic ANA flight. If I don't get the transit pass, should I pay for the monorail to domestic airport terminal? The shuttle bus is great and convenient too but if we could get the transit pass we'd like to try the monorail.

Re: Shinagawa to Haneda Intl' airport train 2019/1/3 18:05
I see that there's Domestic Connecting Flight Check-in on 2F Arrival Lobby http://www.tiat.co.jp/en/special/smooth/transit/airport_bus/
But I also see there's the Security Check-in Point opposite of the check-in counter. I wonder if we could directly enter this security check-in point and not having to take the monorail or shuttle bus? Could I use this check-in counter for ANA Domestic Flight Terminal D2 (I assume it's Terminal 2, counter D for check-in) as stated on my ticket?

Re: Shinagawa to Haneda Intl' airport train 2019/1/7 10:40
I just (accidentally) did that transfer you mentioned in the last post a few weeks ago. Once you go through that security checkpoint, you go into a small waiting area served by buses that go to Terminal 1 for JAL or Terminal 2 for ANA. They run every 20 minutes and end relatively early, probably when the last domestic flights leave. It took 15-20 minutes to go from the International Terminal to Terminal 2, since it runs on the tarmac and has to take a circuitous route to avoid planes and taxiways. The cool thing was seeing some of the big ANA jets up close, including the Star Wars one! You get dropped off directly airside (inside security) at Terminal 2, and you can get off at the north end or south end depending on which gate your flight will be.

This is different from the regular domestic terminal shuttle bus that has been discussed earlier, which the website says runs every 4 minutes and takes only 7-10 minutes. I assume that runs on the usual landside (outside security) roads that normal cars can access. I had intended to just take these normal shuttle buses, but I saw those domestic check-in counters, and they pointed me to the special security checkpoint. I guess you could check in at those counters and walk away to take the regular shuttle bus, monorail, or Keikyu if you wanted.
by Geo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shinagawa to Haneda Intl' airport train 2019/1/8 00:40
Hi Geo,

thanks so much for your info. that's exactly what i'd like to confirm! such an experience too riding in the tarmac. i have a quite long transit time. if i have plenty of time still after all those JR voucher exchange, i'd try this domestic boarding gate

reply to this thread