Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Fuji Hakone Pass and Fujikyu Express Bus 2019/1/3 20:19
Hello ,

haven't found a clarifying answer to this topic yet so here it is:

I'm planning to visit the Fuji Hakone area in a 2,5 day trip, coming from Nikko at night (est. 21:00). My plan was to got Odawara, as I've got a JR pass. Then i wanted to buy the Fuji Hakone pass to get to Gora. Sleep there, explore Lake Ashi and in the evening transfering to Lake Kawaguchiko. Explore Fuji Region and then taking an Fujikyu Express bus from Kawaguchiko station to Mishima as I Need further Transportation to Kyoto! http://bus-en.fujikyu.co.jp/highway/detail/id/29/#timetable

There are a few question now that i have:

Would it be better to sleep in Gora and do Fuji for one day at first, and then sleep again in Gora and do Lake Ashi the next day than sleeping one night in Gora and visiting Lake Ashi and the next night in Fuji and visiting Fuji region?

Is the Fujikyu Express bus included in the Fuji Hakone pass?

Greetings and thanks in advance!

by rockyyy (guest)  

Re: Fuji Hakone Pass and Fujikyu Express Bus 2019/1/4 12:19
- If you are arriving at Odawara as late as 21:00, be sure you book a hotel in Gora that allows that late check-in; usually in those hot spring towns, guests arrive at 16, 17 for dinner (last dinner service tends to be sometime like from 18:30, as far as I know).

- Don't underestimate the time it takes between Gora/Hakone and Lake Kawaguchi area (I assume that is what you mean by "Fuji Region"). So sleeping in Gora after sightseeing Lake Kawaguchi area is not realistic, if you want to do decent sightseeing in Lake Kawaguchi area.

- Something about your itinerary simply sounds hectic; after arriving in Mishima by bus, Mishima - Kyoto would be at least 2 hours by Shinkansen. A slight delay in bus travel (from Lake Kawaguchi to Mishima) would mess up your itinerary...

- The Fujikyu Express bus from Lake Kawaguchi to Mishima is not included in the pass package.
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2358_014.html

by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fuji Hakone Pass and Fujikyu Express Bus 2019/1/5 09:11
Why not sleep in Odawara and then you don't have the long/tedious trip to Gora at night and try to find somewhere late in the dark. Plus, you'll actually be able to find somewhere open to sell you dinner.
Then the next morning you can start with a full day on your pass.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Fuji Hakone Pass and Fujikyu Express Bus 2019/1/5 21:06
Thanks for your advices! I think it all
Will get too hectic and because of the fact that we want to go to Subaru 5th station for a light trail too, wefre just going to Kawaguchiko and will explore all the lake areas including a trail in 2 days and then continue to Mishima with an express bus!
by rockyyy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fuji Hakone Pass and Fujikyu Express Bus 2019/1/6 09:38
I have a trip coming up that includes Nikko to Kawaguchi-ko - it's going to be an annoying travel day (five trains and 4 1/2 hours) because (compared to so many other places) the Fuji area is a pain to get to/from/around. Yes the transport is there and works, but it is time consuming.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread