Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Luggage forwarding from Ueno to Sapporo stn 2019/1/14 11:37
Hi all

I am just wondering if i am able to forward my luggage from Ueno Station to Sapporo Station (collect the bags at the offices of luggage forwarding companies (like Yamato) at the station?

I will be taking the shinkansen from Ueno Station with 3 other people and will be staying at Hirosaki for 1 night for the sakura festival. We dont want to drag 4 big bags on the train. Since we will be changing a few trains during the train journey from Hirosaki to Sapporo, thought best to forward the bags directly to Sapporo Station since we will be staying in Airbnb instead of hotel.
by earthgurl (guest)  

Re: Luggage forwarding from Ueno to Sapporo stn 2019/1/14 14:46
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage forwarding from Ueno to Sapporo stn 2019/1/14 16:31
Short answer: Yes.

Longer answer : ask details to Yamato Kutoneko. They have a friendly English phone service as well. You most likely need to call them to see where the best pickup location for you is.

In general it works like this:
- you drop off the luggage at a convenience store (eg 7-11, ...)
- pick up there can be a center close to your Airbnb, or you can have it delivered directly to your Airbnb at a preselected time &date when YOU are there (unless your host agrees to receive it for you. The times you can preselect normally are in about 2-3 h intervals and get respected. Eg you could just decide that one of you will be home in the apartment between 18:00 and 20:00 h and he/she can receive the luggage directly at the door. Alternatively, yes, you can have it shipped to a pick up location. But why the extra hassle.

Many people will also tell you to travel light. And Ifd agree. But today I canft say that, knowing that downstairs I have 1 big suitcase, 1 big cardboard box with my bicycle, 1 carry on and a computer bag, all readily packed to take my flight to Narita in a few hours. (But well, I also donft plan to travel around :-)

Enjoy your trip to Japan!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage forwarding from Ueno to Sapporo stn 2019/1/14 18:24
Another thing to note (in addition to the above): usually from Tokyo to Hokkaido, it takes two days, meaning if you send it out by the collection time today, you will receive it the day after tomorrow, not tomorrow.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage forwarding from Ueno to Sapporo stn 2019/1/15 11:32
Thank you for all the advice. Didnt know Yamato has an English hotline now.
by earthgurl (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread