Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Opinion on 12D11N Itinerary 2019/1/16 02:01
Hi, i would like to know your opinions on this itinerary.
We'll be staying in Kyoto from the 8th of may to the 13th. We're planning to spend two and a half days in Kyoto, do a day trip Nara/Osaka(in the evening) and a day trip to Hiroshima/Miyajima. In the 13th we would go to Tokyo and stay there until the 19th. We are also thinking to do a day trip to fuji lakes and one to Kamakura. What do you think? Is the jr pass convenient? In case it is, when would be ideal to activate it?
Thank you.
by Marco (guest)  

Re: Opinion on 12D11N Itinerary 2019/1/16 11:40
A seven day rail pass will cost 5000 yen more rhan the cost of you three shinkansen trips. I'd doubt you could find another 5000 yen to make the pass worthwhile.

Cheaper to get a hiroshima-kansai 5d pass and a single kyoto to tokyo ticket.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Opinion on 12D11N Itinerary 2019/1/16 11:45
Sorry blonde moment. You'll save 5000 yen if you do hiroshima and kyoto to tokyo within seven days.

Although the second option i suggested is still 2000 cheaper than the seven day pass. But does come with some crevats like no reserved seating to hiroshima.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Opinion on 12D11N Itinerary 2019/1/16 14:29
I would recommend staying overnight in Hiroshima, so that you can spend one day in the city and one day at Miyajima. Doing both in the same day can be rushed, especially for a first-time trip.
by / (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Opinion on 12D11N Itinerary 2019/1/16 22:39
Thank you for your advices. I saw various pages/blogs saying that doing Hiroshima Miyajima in one day itfs ok(not the best, but ok), and if we stay in Hiroshima we would have to bring the luggage with us both the first and the second day. Anyway would be good to stay in Kyoto from the 8th to the 13th, and in Tokyo from the 13th to the 19th? Or should i add a day to Kyoto?
by Marco (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread