Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Air ticket reservation letters for Visa 2019/1/17 16:49
Hi there,

We (foreign family living in JP) are planning to visit Mainland China this May. We need to produce a letter showing our return air ticket reservations along with the visa application.

Does anyone know a place or website we can get a letter at a reasonable price ?
If anybody had a similar requirement earlier, can you share their experience and procedure ?

Thank you in advance
by Edi (guest)  

Re: Air ticket reservation letters for Visa 2019/1/17 22:12
A letter? Are you sure it's not an actual copy of your plane reservations on paper? I admit I don't know a thing about China and its requirements, but I've never heard of what you're describing.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Air ticket reservation letters for Visa 2019/1/17 22:43
When you booked the flights you should have received an itinerary. That should suffice. But of course if you want to be 100% certain the best place to as would be the Chinese embassy.
by LIZ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Air ticket reservation letters for Visa 2019/1/18 06:10
During the visa application, you need to show evidence of your airline ticket (real ticket, with yr name, dates of travel, reservation number etc. ) The reason is to ensure you enter/leave the country legally.
You cannot purchase a fake gletterh online. What is required is an actual, real airline reservation. This is the first thing you do before you apply for a visa. Yes, it is a bummer, as your visa may be rejected for whatever reason. One option is to buy a refundable airline ticket. Check the costs implications with yr travel agent/ online.
I refer you to the China website, that provides the invitation option for visa application.

The visa if issued will be on yr passport and this will be checked with yr ticket when you are at the airport check in. Therefore a fake bought online gletterh (if such a thing exists?) will 100% ensure you donft get onboard.

The visa form used to also ask for declaration of hotel reservations, dates etc to each cities, places you are travelling. Not sure if this is still required- read yr application form.
This is easily accomplished. Book all yr hotels online that allow cancellations, as you might still be in the early stages of preparing yr trip & may modify as you go along. I donft think you need to notify the China consulate ( best to ask) when you amend the list.

Not sure whereabouts you are residing in Japan but a quick visit to their office might be useful to clarify your queries.
The China visa application website provides very clear instructions, requirements- best to follow if you so wish to go there.

by grobea rate this post as useful

Re: Air ticket reservation letters for Visa 2019/1/18 10:01
Thank you all for the comments and suggestions.
I have no intention of forging or submitting fake letters. Just wanted to get a letter from a travel agent office (for a reasonable price) that I intent to fly back and forth on the due dates.

FYI : In my country the travel agents issue such letters for visa application purpose and on the basis of trust with the passenger who will reserve the ticket from the same travel agent after obtaining the visa from embassy.
by Edi (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread