Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Osaka to Kyoto how to move my bags? 2019/1/24 23:32
Dear all,

i am going to Japan
my plan is to arrive at Osaka Airport - will stay 1 day to rest
Than next day move to Kyoto - for 4 Days
Than to Hakone - 4 Days
than again moving to Tokyo until i finish my trip and leave from Hanada Airport

my question is how will i move my bags until i finally reach Tokyo.. i read that Bags can't be carried when i use train is that true ? or can i do that ?

Thanks & Regards
by Humaid Al Ali (guest)  

Re: Osaka to Kyoto how to move my bags? 2019/1/25 12:25
Hi!

It sort of depends on your bag size. However, if you like to shop or travel heavy, there is a lovely service called takyuubin ( https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2278.html) that you can use to send bags from one hotel to another or even to airports. It's about 2000 yen and the bags will generally arrive the next day.

So in your case, I would probably takyuubin my bags from Osaka Airport directly to Kyoto and just bring an overnight bag for your first night, though honestly, unless you are getting in super late or your hotel is very far from Kyoto Station, I would just go to Kyoto your first night. There are direct JR Haruka trains between KIX and Kyoto Station and JR West offers a discounted fare with an IC card.

You can then send your bags onwards to Hakone or onwards to Tokyo and just bring an overnight bag to Hakone. Hakone also offers same day baggage transfer from Hakone Yumoto Station to many hotels as long as you arrive by either 12:00 or 13:00 I can't remember the exact time.

I hope this helps!
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Osaka to Kyoto how to move my bags? 2019/1/25 12:39
Bags: Basically, if you flew with it you can board trains with it. There's room for over-sized luggage on Shinkansen and other limited express trains, and all trains have overhead luggage shelf. One place I hesitate to board with oversized luggage is commuter trains during rush hours.

by tetsuo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Osaka to Kyoto how to move my bags? 2019/1/25 13:28
Osaka and Kyoto are 25 minutes apart. You don't need to stay at Osaka to rest before moving on to Kyoto. Just stay in the one place.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Osaka to Kyoto how to move my bags? 2019/1/26 05:08
Take you bag on the train. And given how far Kansai is from Osaka, stay on the train a bit longer and you are at Kyoto direct - adding an extra hotel change is bad planning.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Osaka to Kyoto how to move my bags? 2019/1/26 08:17
Just with your hands will be fine.
by Winter Visitor rate this post as useful

Re: Osaka to Kyoto how to move my bags? 2019/1/26 09:44
i read that Bags can't be carried when i use train
Where did you read that? What unreliable source promotes that kind of misinformation?
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread