Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Taenoyu website translation 2019/1/31 02:14
I'd like to do day trip bath to Taenoyu and would like to try their private outdoor bath.
On this webpage http://www.taenoyu.com/kashi2012.html, at the bottom of the page is said that daytrippers need to book in advance and could only book it within 3 hours? Google translate is quite unclear. Could someone please help?

Also I'm still confused with private outdoor bath "first come first served" basis. What does this mean? Do we still need to book in advance or we could just walk in and whomever come first would be able to use it first?
by SakuraBunny888  

Re: Taenoyu website, please translate 2019/1/31 07:11
I don't see any mention of 3 hours. The price is 3000 yen per hour. You have to call to reserve.

You (or google translate) may be misinterpreting the first-come first-served clause for staying guests. It still means you have to reserve, but the first to arrive (and reserve) gets the first choice of reserve period (one hour limit still applies).
by O'Furo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Taenoyu website, please translate 2019/1/31 12:41
Hi O'Furo
Thanks for translating it.
Could I as daytripper enter it without additional cost then assuming no overnight guests book it and we're fine sharing with others?
by SakuraBunny888 rate this post as useful

Re: Taenoyu website, please translate 2019/1/31 13:40
The bath is available to day visitors between 10:00 - 15:00. You book an hour slot during this time for 3000 yen for an hour. If by any chance all time slots are taken by other guests on that day, you cannot use it, because it is "rent to yourselves" (for you and your family/group).
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Taenoyu website, please translate 2019/1/31 13:50
Hi AK,

Got it. Thanks

Re: Taenoyu website, please translate 2019/1/31 15:01
Btw just wonder the location of this private bath.

I could see one that's directly in front of the waterfall. I assume that's the private bath

And i could see another bath facing the waterfall as well but in higher level than that bath. So the view captures the bath below it as well aside the waterfall. I assume this is the mixed gender bath.

I could not find the 2 tier baths view again. But here's what it looks like that i assume the private bath
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1022324-d1165920-Reviews-Tae...

Re: Taenoyu website translation 2019/1/31 23:41
If I do the private bath for JPY3000 +tax then I assume I still have access to the other baths and don't have to pay JPY800 daytripper fee (JPY600 for Yumeguri 1 onsen Pass). Is this correct?

reply to this thread