Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Unpaid old FedEx bill 2019/2/12 14:23
I know this sounds extremely stupid, but this is the deal:

I was an exchange student in Japan 5 years ago, and back then I ordered some clothes from abroad. A month or 2 later, and just a few days before I left my apartment I received a invoice from FedEx, stating that I should pay the import taxes on that order. I was planning to pay that invoice, but since everything was so hectic about moving back home, I simply forgot to pay. I think it was about 4000 yen.

I never heard anything from my Japanese university either, since they arranged the apartments for the foreign students. I assume when I had already left, my address would have received some letters to remind me about the bill? Since it's been so long ago, I don't know if there will be any problem if I ever decide to visit Japan again? Like, would I be denied entry?

I feel really sorry and stupid about this, as I usually pay my bills on time. :( I don't have the invoice with me anymore, it must be somewhere in my house in my home country (I live abroad atm).

Thank you in advance!
by ebifurai (guest)  

Re: Unpaid old FedEx bill 2019/2/12 22:13
yes you will be denied for not paying the bill.
If you enter Japan you will be arrested and be send to a labor prison.

Serious 4000 yen bill will not prevent you for entering japan. If you did not receive any information than it is passed and over. Next time just take more care about your responsibilities.

Enjoy Japan
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Unpaid old FedEx bill 2019/2/13 22:05
If it were more recent, I’d have suggested you contact your university’s student center and/or the FedEx Japan customer center with the address and details as far as you remember and inquire, but five years ago… I am surprised that you were able to receive the parcel without paying the customs duty, though (they usually send the invoice at the same time as delivery or very soon thereafter). But no, you won’t get denied entry for that.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread