Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Travel Tokyo to Kanazawa 2019/2/14 14:20
Hi
I am planning to travel from Tokyo on 5/13 to Kanazawa for 2 nights . I will take eve train to get there.
I am interested in visiting Kanazawa and Shirakawago. What is the best place to stay?

I will also continue to Hiroshima from there.

Please help with the itinerary
thx
Rika
by Rekhu  

Re: Travel Tokyo to Kanazawa 2019/2/14 17:10
I'd go Tokyo to Kanazawa by shinkansen (note if you stop at Ueda on the way you might get sakura which bloom mid May there) and stay at Kanazawa. We liked Hotel Hakuchoro when we stayed. You can do Shirakawa-go as a bus visit from Kanazawa (allow maybe 3 hours there) or maybe go on to Takayama which is also very nice. But if you are wanting to get on to Hiroshima, I think the quickest would be to do Shirakawa as a day trip then the Thunderbird from Kanazawa to Osaka and then the shinkansen on to Hiroshima.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travel Tokyo to Kanazawa 2019/2/15 00:47
Thank you for your response it was very helpful. My biggest concern is where to store luggage to make quick stops.
How long will the ride be to Hiroshima

Thx
Rika
by Rekhu rate this post as useful

Re: Travel Tokyo to Kanazawa 2019/2/15 02:59
This is from hyperdia, sorry it looks as though you are quickest to transfer at Kyoto rather than Osaka but that is to a Nozomi train that wont be free on the JR pass
11:24 begin KANAZAWA
[ Departure track No.2 ] [133 Min]
LTD. EXP THUNDERBIRD 20
13:37
13:50
transfer KYOTO
[ Arrival track No.7 / Departure track No.13 ]\9,610 [96 Min]
SHINKANSEN NOZOMI 29
15:26
transfer HIROSHIMA
[ Arrival track No.12 ]

by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Travel Tokyo to Kanazawa 2019/2/15 22:50
I recently stayed for a little over a week in Kanazawa and highly recommend Hotel Hatchi - they have both dorm and individual rooms and it was one of the most stylish hostels that I ever stayed in. I wrote about it here: https://www.bizarrejourneys.com/one-fine-city-in-japan-kanazawa/ Kanazawa is such a fine city with wonderful architecture and amazing museums. I hope you enjoy your time there.
by Burcu Basar rate this post as useful

reply to this thread