Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese passport 2019/3/1 16:08
My husband is a japanese citizen and have japanese passport is it possible that he can apply or change my passport to japanese passport?
by User12345 (guest)  

Re: Japanese passport 2019/3/1 16:33
You can apply for naturalisation, whereby you would obtain Japanese citizenship and a Japanese passport. Your husband can't do it for you. Google it.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese passport 2019/3/1 17:13
Are you Japanese?
If not, you must become Japanese first by going through naturalisation process.
Marrying a Japanese doesn't make you Japanese.
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese passport 2019/3/1 17:37
Also you will lose your nationality and passport if you decide to go trough the process and be accepted.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese passport 2019/3/1 17:50
Also you will lose your nationality and passport if you decide to go trough the process and be accepted.

Not necessarily; that depends on the laws of the other country.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese passport 2019/3/1 18:56
In fairness to the OP, some people think anyone can get a passport by simply applying. They are shocked when they discover they cannot. There are actual requirements.

Real story - overseas tennis player hops down to the local citizenship office in OECD country - "Can I get a passport? It's my lunch break and then I leave the country at the end of the tournament. I've heard your XYZ country passport is quite good." The answer was "no".
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread