Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Permanent Residency at risk? 2019/3/5 06:13
I had a minor misdemeanour 15 years ago in Japan, arrested, photographed, fingerprinted at the police station and held for 10 days. After accepting the guilt before a Magistrate or a Prosecutor I was freed.

Now after 15 years, I am planning to apply for my Permanent Residency and I am very worried about that incident with law enforcement. I am a spouse of Japanese national and at the moment on a 3 year visa extension.

If someone could, please share following information with me:

1) How long Japanese Police keep the criminal records?
2) Were there anyone you know got Permanent residency after a such/similar situation?
3) Your thoughts on whether I should apply or not?
by SRJ  

Re: Permanent Residency at risk? 2019/3/5 07:16
Cannot answer specific questions. But my thoughts are if they are renewing your visas with said criminal history known. Then I dont think you'll have an issue.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Permanent Residency at risk? 2019/3/5 08:22
The difficult thing is the 3 years resident status being on spouse. So you already got it it's mean that the immigration have full trust now in you so don't worry all will be fine as my experience.
by Thejapan (guest) rate this post as useful

@hakata14, _____ @Thejapan 2019/3/6 04:58
@hakata14, ... @Thejapan

I appreciate your input, thank you very much!
by SRJ rate this post as useful

reply to this thread