Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Spanish/English speaking jobs in Yokosuka? 2019/3/14 21:17
Good afternoon from the sunny Spain :)

My husband is in the US Navy. We are planning on getting married this winter and move to Yokosuka next year (he's already there). I'm worried about my career since I don't know if I would be able to get a job there.

I have a bachelor's degree in Translation and Interpreting (English and French language). I'm bilingual (English/Spanish) and now I'm finished my master's degree in Spanish as a foreign language. I have professional experience as a Spanish teacher, translator and translation project manager. Is it easy to get a job there with these diplomas?

Thank you very much in advance!
by Spanishgirl94 (guest)  

Re: Spanish/English speaking jobs in Yokosuka? 2019/3/15 09:22
If you are in Japan on SOFA status, you are not allowed to work off base with that visa. Problem solved.
by .... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Spanish/English speaking jobs in Yokosuka? 2019/3/15 14:24
A lot of translators work just by emails, which allows the translator to work while temporarily traveling abroad. I wonder how it lawfully works for U.S. base families.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Spanish/English speaking jobs in Yokosuka? 2019/3/16 13:17
If you are in Japan on SOFA status, you are not allowed to work off base with that visa.
Not true.
They can work off base with just the SOFA status and approval from base officials.
The employer may not be familiar with that so they may face problems on that end.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread