Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Student Visa - Embassy Interview 2019/3/15 04:12
Hey guys, I am currently learning N5 and will be giving JLPT this July. I have had a tourist visa refused in the past.I will be applying for a school by the end of this year or the new year. I am 60-70% sure that I might be called for an interview. So my question is - will they ask me questions in Japanese Or My native language ? And what type of questions can they ask me.
Thanks In Advance!
by Manmeet  

Re: Student Visa - Embassy Interview 2019/3/15 13:57
I guess you go to the embassy in your country.
Normally the embassy can speak in Japanese or if there is someone who know the local language than in your language maybe.

You can ask embassy and ask what you can expect.
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Student Visa - Embassy Interview 2019/3/15 14:44
Why would they tell me what they are going to ask?
by Manmeet rate this post as useful

Re: Student Visa - Embassy Interview 2019/3/15 17:49
I mention you CAN ask what you CAN expect.
I did not mention they will tell you the information.

But interview is different case by case
by justmyday rate this post as useful

Re: Student Visa - Embassy Interview 2019/3/16 08:12
They donft expect everyone applying for visas to speak japanese, especially beginner students going to language schools. Ifm fairly certain that they wouldnft subject an N5 student to a grilling over visa matters in Japanese.
by LIZ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Student Visa - Embassy Interview 2019/3/17 03:17
Thank you very much for the reply. By grilling you mean , they wont be asking me tough questions?
by Manmeet rate this post as useful

Re: Student Visa - Embassy Interview 2019/3/17 05:25
I donft know what they will be asking you. I suspect that since you have already been denied a visa once before they will be assessing whether or not you are an overstay risk.
by LIZ (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread