Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Relocating to work in Maibara 2019/3/18 16:29
Hi
I am considering relocation fro India to Japan to a place Maibara with my family.

Since I need to consider my kids education, I am considering to stay at Kyoto and travel daily to Maibara.

I d like to know if this is possible, do many people travel for work from Kyoto to Maibara daily

Please let me know as need to decide ASAP

Thanks
Shpra

by shpra (guest)  

Re: Relocating to work in Maibara 2019/3/18 17:27
Kyoto to Maibara, as you could have figured out yourself, is about an hour each way by ordinary train, or 30 minutes by Shinkansen (more expensive).

Whether that's acceptable to you is a decision you'll have to make for yourself.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Relocating to work in Maibara 2019/3/18 18:10
For the commute, ask your company if they will pay the Shinkansen tickets. Many Japanese companies pay the commute, and yes, some companies pay for a shinkansen commute, but better check with them.

Living in Kyoto however will be more expensive then living in Maibara, so maybe you could see if you can find an international school somewhere closer to Maibara? Maybe in Otsu or so? Although I guess that if you are thinking of sending your kid(s) to an international school money must not be a big issue, as those schools are expensive. (Indian schools seem to be a bit less expensive, but still).
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Relocating to work in Maibara 2019/3/20 10:12
I am also Indian and was working near Maibara. I was doing up-down from Maibara to Nagoya.
My company offered me bullet train pass. You can live in Kyoto. No problem. If you get bullet train pass then no problem.
by Chan40 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread