Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can I get a short-time job in Japan 2019/4/2 21:46
Hi,

is it possible to find a job for 1 or 2 months? On the Internet I can see lots of offers like that 「短期」, but how it looks in practice? Can I just go to Japan (with appropriate visa of course) and get that work quickly? Or contacting employer weeks before is better? Is high school diploma required for that?
by Guest (guest)  

Re: Can I get a short-time job in Japan 2019/4/3 10:52
What kind of sites are you looking at, and what kind of jobs are you talking about?
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Can I get a short-time job in Japan 2019/4/3 11:24
「Is high school diploma required for that?」

If you're asking if you can show up in Japan on a foreign tourist visa and a less-than-high-school-level education and quickly/easily find a job, the answer is no.

You'd be competing against people with stable local residence and native-level language skills, and since Japan is a modern, developed country, it's not at all difficult for employers to find applicants with a high school diploma. And as for having an 「appropriate visa」, one-month jobs don't typically sponsor work visas (unless it's some high-level technical position which, naturally, would require more than high-school education).

On the other hand, if you're on a working holiday visa, that would clear up the visa problem. But again, you'd be competing with local applicants for those positions, and with a low level of education, it'd be hard to convince someone to hire you, especially if you don't speak Japanese well.
by . . . . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I get a short-time job in Japan 2019/4/3 18:03
t's not at all difficult for employers to find applicants with a high school diploma.

Uh? Why, then, did they (successfully) pressure the government to allow more immigrants for precisely that reason? The many people here and elsewhere who claim that Japanese employers do not struggle to find workers, are they living under a rock?
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I get a short-time job in Japan 2019/4/3 19:02
Of course I didn't mean to work with tourist visa. Working holiday visa is probably the best way for me.
I heard about people who found a job, even though they didn't know the language (but it was a manual labour and for several months, not 1-2) Are they an exceptions?
So that's why I am asking: is it even possible?
And what if I know Japanese to some extent?
by Guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I get a short-time job in Japan 2019/4/3 20:20
「Why, then, did they (successfully) pressure the government to allow more immigrants for precisely that reason?」

Not sure who you're referring to by "they," but if you think Japan has reworked its immigration policy to allow short-term work visas for foreign workers with junior high as their highest level of completed education, you've been misinformed.
by . . . . (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread