Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Teach English in Japan without a degree? 2019/4/5 01:20
It is my dream to teach English in Japan and i saw that there was a company that i could do this with if i had a University Degree. I went to University but had to drop out before i could get my qualification because of financial issues. As it is, i have no degree and no way of getting one as i can't afford it and am already in debt from my last student loan.

Is it possible to teach English in Japan without having a degree?
P.S. I also can't speak Japanese which is why i wanted to do the job through this specific company; because they also teach you to speak Japanese.
by Katie louisa  

Re: Teach English in Japan without a degree? 2019/4/5 09:12
If you want to come for just a year, as a UK national you should be eligible for the Working Holiday Visa for Japan, if you are under 30. Now in turn I don't know if that employer, who seems committed to their teachers, if they are willing to teach them the local language, would take someone for just a year, though.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Teach English in Japan without a degree? 2019/4/5 16:02
@AK Please do not suggest that people get a WH visa when their goal is obviously not sightseeing. It leads them to either waste their time and money in making an application that has no chance of being accepted, or make a fraudulent application.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Teach English in Japan without a degree? 2019/4/6 19:58
Since you want to work for a specific company. You really should direct this question to the company.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: @Katie louisa ... @ AK ... @hakata14 2019/4/7 05:55
@Katie louisa
Let's assume someone form a specific English teaching institute willing to hire you, then what kind of professional qualifications you are planning to submit in your visa application?

reply to this thread