Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Question about language school 2019/4/9 00:56
What's the difference between 3 months school and 2 years school... Which one should I choose, or maybe 1 year school is enough. What I got in mind ? Trying to figured out how to live in Japan. c;
by Jacob (guest)  

Re: Question about language school 2019/4/9 10:22
Is your aim to live in Japan, or to study the language?

If you choose a 3-month course (I donft know what you mean by 3-month gschoolh though), often the school doesnft need to sponsor you for any visa to stay in Japan, as some nationals can simply come on 90-day Temporary Visitor visa to study at such a course. 1-year or 2-year courses are simply longer-term courses, the lessons tend to be fast paced and often students the students have the objective of getting their Japanese language proficiency up to a level to be enrolled into a university in Japan.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Question about language school 2019/4/9 14:15
While it will depend on the school (ask them) in my experience (Naganuma school in Tokyo) 3 months is the same (but shorter) than 1 or 2 years. Ie itfs the same lessons you go to. Schools offering 2 year courses will mainly have students that stay 1-2 years plus a few that just come for a minimum of 3 months. There are other schools as well (eg Coto in Tokyo) that caters to shorter staying pupils (eg a few weeks.)

The difference between 3 months or more lies with the visa you need. Nationals from Many county dont need a student visa for less than 3 months as you can just come on a tourist visa. For longer stays youfll need a student visa.

Enjoy studying Japanese!
by LikeBike (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread