Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Money Exchange at Narita Airport 2019/4/10 07:47
I'm gonna leave in 1 month and wanted to know how much I really would get at Narita Airport.
In my country of Finland the exchange places now give about 116 JPY for 1 EUR while the mid-market rate is 125 JPY for 1 EUR!
And do they have any "hidden fees" that that I can't check from their website?

Thanks in advance!
by Heinonen travels (guest)  

Re: Money Exchange at Narita Airport 2019/4/10 12:00
All I can tell you is the USD exchange rate. At 111.17, I would get about 108.80 at NRT and about 103 in the US.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Money Exchange at Narita Airport 2019/4/10 19:42
You will never know until you arrive. And the rates will go up and down before your trip.

It is generally well know that the rate given at the airport are fairly poor compared to other offerings.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Money Exchange at Narita Airport 2019/4/10 20:27
Never had issues with the airport rates. They're pretty competitive if you use MUFJ or Mizuho Bank. That's where I go. Never, and I mean, never, use Travelex. Perhaps that's what Hakata14 is talking about. The banks at the airport give you about 2.5-3 yen less than the official rate, but Travelex gouges you about 8-9 yen less than the official rate. One will never get the official rate, but you can use it as an estimate of what you'll get. And if you land on a weekend, Friday's rates will be used throughout the weekend.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Money Exchange at Narita Airport 2019/4/11 07:02
Relax, it will be easy. There are no hidden fees.

Not a tip, but I found this: https://www.gpa-net.co.jp/en/passenger-service/rate/.

I did use the store at Terminal 2, 3F, close to the central exit (check-in counters J-K). Best rates then (October, 2018).

Enjoy your trip!
by taskkil (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread