Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR East Pass Nagano, Niigata area 2019/4/18 10:17
Please clarify the following:
JR East Pass Nagano, Niigata area does include Toyama.
You can access Tateyama-Kurobe Alpine Route from either Shinano-Omachi or Nagano.
The Tateyama Kurobe Option Ticket can be used from JR Nagano/Shinano-Omachi Station to Dentetsu-Toyama Station on the Toyama Chiho Railway, or from Dentetsu-Toyama Station to JR Shinano-Omachi Station/Nagano Station. (Not valid for round-trip travel or partial trip round-trip travel).
I will depart from Shinjuku JR Station to Nagano Station and book separately the bus to Omanchi Station.
Does the Pass include the return from Toyama Station to Shinjuku JR Station?
If no how can I return without paying additional charges?
by chong 1301  

Re: JR East Pass Nagano, Niigata area 2019/4/18 10:38
As per you earlier answered question. Toyama is not covered.

And with the JR East passes, there is no way to get to or from Toyama for free. You need to use a different pass or just pay for the section outside the validity zone of the pass.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR East Pass Nagano, Niigata area 2019/4/18 10:40
Will any other pass besides JR Pass work?
by chong 1301 rate this post as useful

Re: JR East Pass Nagano, Niigata area 2019/4/18 11:34
Hokuriku Arch Pass maybe. It's unclear what exactly you plan to do.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR East Pass Nagano, Niigata area 2019/4/18 11:55
I want to buy a pass to get/from Tateyama Alpine Kurobe Route in addition to buying the add on option.
by chong 1301 rate this post as useful

Re: JR East Pass Nagano, Niigata area 2019/4/18 13:15
Then yes you can do that with the Hokuriku Arch Pass as well as with the nationwide JR Pass.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread