Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shinkansen Hayabusa full on golden week 2019/4/21 13:46
We have just found out that our trip to japan coincides with Golden Week (we arrive on the 27th April). We were planning on book tickets on the 27th April. A train Tokyo to shin-Aomoro on the 27th April (Shinkansen Hayabusa without non-reserved seating ). We aren't able to book tickets in advance on www.eki-net.com, It mean that Sold-out ? What should I do ? They do allow standing in reserved seat cars ?
by Ellehu  

Re: Shinkansen Hayabusa full on golden week 2019/4/21 14:44
While the section between Tokyo-Sendai is particularly popular and sold out, the section north of Sendai is a little less crowded. So, you could take a different train (e.g. Yamabiko which even has non-reserved seats) to Sendai or Morioka and take the Hayabusa from there.

Also, note that the morning is much more crowded than the afternoon and evening.

by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Shinkansen Hayabusa full on golden week 2019/4/21 16:38
The 19:20 and 20:16 departures (the last two ones) still have available seats.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shinkansen Hayabusa full on golden week 2019/4/21 16:45
Thank you so much for your reply.
by Ellehu rate this post as useful

Re: Shinkansen Hayabusa full on golden week 2019/4/21 18:20
Wait, you say you arrive on 27 April. Then you cannot use the (English) eki-net site to book tickets for departure on 27 April, because tickets must be picked up the day before departure.
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Northbound Tohoku Shinkansen at the beginning of GW 2019 2019/4/22 02:53
The JR-EAST Train Reservation website is not for your rides on Day 1,
because you have to collect your tickets before 21:00 of the previous day.

One thing I can suggest you
is to shift the Shinkansen ride to Day 2 (Sunday, the 28th of April).

Unfortunately, even only until Sendai Station,
seats (requiring reservation) in Tohoku Shinkansen trains to depart from Tokyo
before 17:00 on Saturday, the 27th of April
and before 16:00 on Sunday, the 28th of April
are currently almost fully reserved.

Which airport will you fly into: Narita [NRT] or Tokyo Haneda [HND]?
How is your itinerary?
by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: Shinkansen Hayabusa full on golden week 2019/4/22 08:46
Are you on a pass or single tickets? Tokyo to Sendai at 4 p.m. has some seats, then Hayabusa north from there is an option.

Possible (but I do not recommend it) is take local trains up to Sendai (or at least on the crowded piece). I've done some of that leg before that way as an experiment two years ago.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread