Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

2nd time to Japan- 5 nights 2019/4/23 02:19
Hello,

I am currently planning a trip to go back to Japan for the second time in June. I have to be in Tokyo for business for a week so my trip will begin once my work ends. My first trip to Japan I went to: Tokyo, Kyoto, Hakone, Osaka, and Nara. I was in love with Tokyo and Kyoto. I am really interested in art, culture, food and onsens. Osaka was a bit too city-like for me and I am interested in smaller cities and towns

Right now, I am planning on exploring Chugoku, Shikoku and Kyshu. Miayajima, Hiroshima and Naoshima are all very important to me. Knowing I don't have a ton of time, I want to make sure I make the best use of my time and see as much as possible.

I am reading that Kyushu is best explored with a car, so I am thinking of eliminating that off my itinerary (even though it looks amazing, I do not think I will have time to do it properly)

I am looking to get the most action packed trip, seeing as much as I can in a 5 night span.

Open to any and all suggestions regarding where to go and what to see! Even if it means exploring a different region entirely. Thank you!!
by Fallon (guest)  

Re: 2nd time to Japan- 5 nights 2019/4/23 11:13
Certain areas of Kyushu are better explored by car. But that is true for all of Japan. Not just Kyushu.

So I wouldn't eliminate Kyushu until you decide where in Kyushu you want to visit.
by hakata14 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 2nd time to Japan- 5 nights 2019/4/23 19:20
I understand the appeal of seeing as much as you can, but you have to be realistic as well. Turning up to a place, snapping a selfie and rushing off isn't doing the sights justice. For a fast-paced trip I'd suggest:
1) Tokyo¨ Okayama, overnight
2) Okayama¨ Naoshima (daytrip)¨ Okayama
3) Okayama¨ Miyajima, overnight
4) Miyajima¨ Hiroshima, overnight
5) Hiroshima, then to Tokyo
by Sal1980 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread